The new forum software.

Featured Posts

What do you want to do to waterscape? :unsure:

Sue

See if CWDF would beat them, on a hit count.

Alexa has CWDF behind Waterscape, but ahead of British Waterways' website. It would be interesting to see how they compare on a simple click per week count.

Someone should try and persuade Waterscape to join. See if we can do them, too.

I think this would be good, and good promotion for the site regardless of where they ranked.

(even emilyanne.co.uk in about 100th, and they would be well above that)

Why do some the quotes section from reply posts appear in a green box (similar to previous format) and some just appear as text with the word QUOTE at the beginning and <{POST_SNAPBACK}> also displayed? Are some people posting replies incorrectly, or is there an incompatability between operating systems? This is happening with recent posts as well as old posts.

As of last night, then when the 3rd quarter was processed by our hosts, this should now be complete.

However as its not me that did the second half, and as it has been done in three parts, if anyone can or does find an incorrectly rendered post however, please use the 'report' button to fire a report in to the control centre and I will look into it.

Daniel

Since I can't post on your "completion" post, I'm going to say it on here.

Well done Daniel and the team for getting this job done with so little disruption to our usual excellent service.

Your new "No 1" position is well deserved.

regards

David

Since I can't post on your "completion" post, I'm going to say it on here.

Well done Daniel and the team for getting this job done with so little disruption to our usual excellent service.

Your new "No 1" position is well deserved.

regards

David

Hear hear. Well done Daniel and crew

Richard

There's drinks for all of you in the unStable Bar - if you're feeling brave...

Blimey! Go away for a few days, and just when I thought it was safe to re-enter the forum it's all gone pear-shaped for me.

I'm supposed to be reasonably IT literate and I've been trying to 'keep up at the back' comrades, on all the new changes.... promise. But could someone tell me how to see ALL recent posts. Last I knew, when I clicked on 'View new content' the full list of posts would appear. Now, when I do it only the most recent i.e. within the last few minutes appear, and I can't seem to find anything to click on to see everything that's been posted recently i.e. today, or this week etc.

Edited by Québec

Blimey! Go away for a few days, and just when I thought it was safe to re-enter the forum it's all gone pear-shaped for me.

I'm supposed to be reasonably IT literate and I've been trying to 'keep up at the back' comrades, on all the new changes.... promise. But could someone tell me how to see ALL recent posts. Last I knew, when I clicked on 'View new content' the full list of posts would appear. Now, when I do it only the most recent i.e. within the last few minutes appear, and I can't seem to find anything to click on to see everything that's been posted recently i.e. today, or this week etc.

Try changing the setting (on My settings, General Settings) of "View new content method" from "Content since my last visit" to "Content that I have not read"

Try changing the setting (on My settings, General Settings) of "View new content method" from "Content since my last visit" to "Content that I have not read"

OK. Done that. Thanks!...but now getting just the 15 posts posted since 9.13pm today. How do I get to see more?

... could someone tell me how to see ALL recent posts....

Short answer, no.

Longer answer, im looking into it....

Obviously if you know the dates you can use the advance search and search for them, but thats not really a good solution i know. So yeah, i'll you know as soon as I have anything to say.

Daniel

Short answer, no.

Obviously if you know the dates you can use the advance search and search for them, but thats not really a good solution i know. So yeah, i'll you know as soon as I have anything to say.

Daniel

Thanks Dan. What I'm getting seems quite odd really. If I sign in then I can only see a few recent posts. If I then go to the bottom of the page where it say 'Delete my Coookies' it signs me out, but if I then click on 'View New Content' the 'old style' full list of posts appears. I can browse and read them, but - of course- can't reply as I'm signed out!

Edited to add: it's suddenly working i.e. full, browseable list has appeared...Dan, have you just done something?...No, it's gone again. Back to seeing only ONE most recent post. This is weird!!

Edited by Québec

Short answer, no.

So,

Without reading all that has gone before, has the option that showed all posts in the last day gone now ?

So,

Without reading all that has gone before, has the option that showed all posts in the last day gone now ?

I've found a way to do it....but it's nuts!

1) 'Sign Out' at the top. (Main forum page should appear).

2) Click on 'View New Content'. ('Old-style' full list should appear, browseable by today, two days, a week, a month etc)

3) Browse and read to your hearts content.

4) If you want to reply, 'Sign in' BUT DON'T CLICK ON 'View New Content'.

Daft but true!

I'd like to tell you. Full story, in the unStable bar, we track current affairs, the upgrade being one of them. I was going to crack a joke about different skins for the bar and illustrate it with pictures of a wine bar, a family pub and a boozer, so I searched for all three on google, found images and attempted to insert them. All three were promotional, and such sites normally WANT you to raid their material as it's good publicity, but one (and I don't know which one) was thrown out. I replaced the obvious suspect (it wasn't the extension, it was the fact the image was potentially dynamic which I've fallen foul of before) but still got a rejection. Because of a lack of detail, I'd no idea whether I'd replaced the wrong image or whether the replacement also fell foul!

But now, two days later, I can't be sure I'd find the same images again... sorry. If/When it happens again, I'll tell you all the details

OK, fair enough. Its certainly true to say hotlinking dynamic links is right out!

1) 'Sign Out' at the top. (Main forum page should appear).

2) Click on 'View New Content'. ('Old-style' full list should appear, browseable by today, two days, a week, a month etc)

3) Browse and read to your hearts content.

4) If you want to reply, 'Sign in' BUT DON'T CLICK ON 'View New Content'.

I've just had a bit of a play and i can beat that.

1) Sign out and be taken to the index page.

2) Sign back in again (sign in page, then back to index)

3) Hit the back button (takes you to the sign in pack, or twice back to the index works too)

4) Click 'VNC' and your there. As long as you dont click it again.

5) Leave that page open, opening threads in a new window (two which you logged into and can reply to)

6) Move onto the next page of new posts when ready.

But yes, although largely it does work ok for me, i doesnt always appear to show as many posts as you would expect and does appear to be a volatile and keen to reduce the list length. It appears from the posts on http://community.invisionpower.com we're not only ones seeing this, hopefully they will release a fix shortly.

Daniel

I've been away so apologies if this is old news

This is how I'm dealing with the challenge of trying to see ALL old posts going back to whenever as well as seeing any NEW ones.

I'm using two tabs.

1) FIRST TAB: Open the forum, and sign in as normal, and click on 'View new Content'.

Depending on the setting chosen that'll give either just the new posts signing in a moment ago, or the recent unread posts, but won't let me see ALL postsb

2)To see (and reply) to ALL POSTS:

Open second window or tab.

OPEN FORUM BUT DON'T SIGN IN.

Click on 'View New Content' which opens up the 'normal' full list of all posts, which you can choose to view by day, by week, by two weeks etc.

Now sign in, but whatever you do DON'T CLICK ON 'VIEW NEW CONTENT'.

Now just move between to two tabs.

Hello. I have not been around for a week or two and when I come back I see all this newness. I am fine with it and I guess I will get used to it but I have a real problem. I have red x's all over the place. I think they should be pictures. I am not sure what they ought to be, I have tried clicking them, right clicking, swearing and cursing at them but cannot get rid of them or open 'em. Is it my laptop? Is it a teething problem? I will keep trying to find my way round. Jo x

Edited by Water Woman