Peak Forest permanent moorings

stripey

Featured Posts

Does anyone know of any vacancies for permanent moorings on the Peak Forest canal, please?

Looking for non-res, but would prefer access to power and water.

Thanks for any suggestions, especially from anyone who is on a mooring there at the moment.

Does anyone know of any vacancies for permanent moorings on the Peak Forest canal, please?

Thanks for any suggestions, especially from anyone who is on a mooring there at the moment.

Have you tried www.waterscape.com?

Sue

New Mills, Furness Vale .......................

Thanks - ideally would be online because of likely costs.

When last there, I did see a sign in a field advertising moorings with water and power, and wrote down the mobiile number, but it poured with rain down Marple locks and the number dissolved!

If anyone's reading this and is on the canal, and could send me the number, that would be brill! On the off side on a board, maybe two or three miles out of Marple towards Bugsworth and Whaley Bridge.

I understand that the visitor moorings at Furness Vale are available for long term use.

I believe both Furness Vale and New Mills marinas have waiting lists.

I would try BW. The permanent moorings on the towpath at Whaley Bridge have lots of gaps and I don't think they are all out long term cruising.

George ex nb Alton retired

Thanks - ideally would be online because of likely costs.

When last there, I did see a sign in a field advertising moorings with water and power, and wrote down the mobiile number, but it poured with rain down Marple locks and the number dissolved!

If anyone's reading this and is on the canal, and could send me the number, that would be brill! On the off side on a board, maybe two or three miles out of Marple towards Bugsworth and Whaley Bridge.

That would be 07973 321 371, I was going to ask for one there but ended up moving south again.

Best part of the system IMO

I believe both Furness Vale and New Mills marinas have waiting lists.

I would try BW. The permanent moorings on the towpath at Whaley Bridge have lots of gaps and I don't think they are all out long term cruising.

George ex nb Alton retired

Thanks - that looks worth a try too.

Two forum members have recently moved away from Warble Wharf. Last time I went past they had not been replaced. There may be a reason for that.

I went past that one and wasn't too sure about the look of it, to be honest, so am not surprised to read this.