Only One Question

Pirate

Featured Posts

I commissioned a Narrow boat build about 5 years ago, all went pear shaped almost immediately after completion. I got Lawyers surveyors and made a blog which found it´s way onto this forum,

However rather than being supported here I was ridiculed, bullied and made to look like an absolute fool, I found that several tradesmen on here portraying themselves as being on general boaters side, were in fact actually communicating by phone with the builder and taking his side. A few new characters turned up on the forum causing havoc, IMO they were trying to make every one come to the conclusion it was me. Names like Troll was being banded about.

I spent many thousands of pounds looking for justice and advice. I have found out so much useful information that could now help others.

This knowledge, that I paid thousands of pounds for could have been passed on to members of this forum whom god forbid should ever get themselves into the same situation as we were in, could benefit from, free of charge. I even now know how you can fight these bad guys when you have no money.

Unfortunately from my short visit here I can see the forum is still full of bar stewards and know alls with loose tongues wanting to drive people away.

My story has ended, I´m very happy travelling Europe, and I have a wealth of knowledge behind me that I could have shared with you that may or may not have been useful,

Unfortunately I have no desire to share my knowledge here, You will learn nothing from my experiences.

I´m going off again now, I feel I was a fool to return even though it was only to offer my support too another unfortunate boater whos site I stumbled across. Nowt's changed on here except some of the names, and most of these I suspect are reincarnated..

The only advice I am prepared to offer is

1. If having a boat built, keep at least 20k back in case you need to take action against the builder.

2. Don´t look on here for advice.

3. Don´t trust anyone on here, .

4. Don´t tell them on here what you have paid good money to learn..( They wont appreciate it.)

5. Don´t expect to win any case unless you are prepared to pay out large amounts of money, (in advance) unless you find out how to do it with no money, Unfortunately I found out about this method too late to help me.

There are folk on here I like, I wish them well.

The others are still doing a great job at keeping the forum what it is.

So I leave you with the question . . "Does this make it a great and helpful boating forum"?

I commissioned a Narrow boat build about 5 years ago, all went pear shaped almost immediately after completion. I got Lawyers surveyors and made a blog which found it´s way onto this forum,

However rather than being supported here I was ridiculed, bullied and made to look like an absolute fool, I found that several tradesmen on here portraying themselves as being on general boaters side, were in fact actually communicating by phone with the builder and taking his side. A few new characters turned up on the forum causing havoc, IMO they were trying to make every one come to the conclusion it was me. Names like Troll was being banded about.

I spent many thousands of pounds looking for justice and advice. I have found out so much useful information that could now help others.

This knowledge, that I paid thousands of pounds for could have been passed on to members of this forum whom god forbid should ever get themselves into the same situation as we were in, could benefit from, free of charge. I even now know how you can fight these bad guys when you have no money.

Unfortunately from my short visit here I can see the forum is still full of bar stewards and know alls with loose tongues wanting to drive people away.

My story has ended, I´m very happy travelling Europe, and I have a wealth of knowledge behind me that I could have shared with you that may or may not have been useful,

Unfortunately I have no desire to share my knowledge here, You will learn nothing from my experiences.

I´m going off again now, I feel I was a fool to return even though it was only to offer my support too another unfortunate boater whos site I stumbled across. Nowt's changed on here except some of the names, and most of these I suspect are reincarnated..

1. If having a boat built, keep at least 20k back in case you need to take action against the builder.

4. Don´t tell them on here what you have paid good money to learn..( They wont appreciate it.)

5. Don´t expect to win any case unless you are prepared to pay out large amounts of money, (in advance) unless you find out how to do it with no money, Unfortunately I found out about this method too late to help me.

So I leave you with the question . . "Does this make it a great and helpful boating forum"?

:lol:

Hi

Keep taking the tablets you may get better some day. I had no idea this was only meant to be a friendly forum, gosh how boring would that be. Hope you enjoy Europe, been there done that but in the end you KNOW the uk is tops........ :lol:

It's a forum which is entertaining with posters being helpful/questioning of original posters in equal measure IMHO.

In terms of greatness it would be a significant loss if it did not exist if one compares with such offerings in other fields/areas.

It is regretful if anyone feels they have suffered as a consequence of contributing but do not doubt the sincerity of your stance without understanding the ins & outs thereof.

Troll :lol:

Guest wanted

3. Don´t trust anyone on here, .4. Don´t tell them on here what you have paid good money to learn..( They wont appreciate it.)

Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Bon voyage!

What a strange post!! Didn't realise that you had to take everyone's comments as gospel, then lose all your money !!

You really do not do yourself any favours do you. As you said you have been away for sometime............. instead of keping quiet you dig up old posts and stir things up over a long forgotten issue.

You alone have drawn attention to yourself and now regret it.

Something you have obviously not yet learned in life ......... think before you speak. A Zen saying comes to mind..... " Anger is like a hot coal, it burns YOUR hand while you seek your target."

All the time you carry your anger you are hurting nobody but yourself............ let it go.

Pirate - I know nothing of your previous troubles, though I deduce that they were severe.

I trust you overcame the physical / legal / builder difficulties eventually, though I fear they have left you still scarred, which is, I assume, why you came back to CWF, and make another opportunity to express your discomfort.

I hope you overcome your difficulty with past problems, and at least find an equilibrium, even if you can't come to terms with them.

You really do not do yourself any favours do you. As you said you have been away for sometime............. instead of keping quiet you dig up old posts and stir things up over a long forgotten issue.

You alone have drawn attention to yourself and now regret it.

Something you have obviously not yet learned in life ......... think before you speak. A Zen saying comes to mind..... " Anger is like a hot coal, it burns YOUR hand while you seek your target."

All the time you carry your anger you are hurting nobody but yourself............ let it go.

Is that what you think? haha

Nice to see a few on here are still able to make me laugh.

Who´s angry?

Nice to see I can still pull a crowd though, lol

In fact It´s made me kinda want to hang around a little longer :lol:

Might see yas lata

Edited by Pirate

Like Blackrose said -

Troll

They always show their true colours....

Time we stopped feeding it...

their/there edit...

Edited by NB No Deadlines

For those who probably have no idea of the background to this......

Pirate was for some time a serious contributor to this forum, known to many who have been around a lot longer than a lot of those posting here.

He followed the pattern of many others - someone for which having their own new narrow boat was a big ambition, and which they had thrown large amounts of savings into.

Unfortunately for Pirate the dream turned bad - I'll pass no more comment on his individual case than that.

Not a troll, in my view, although what he hopes to achieve from his latest posts is unclear to me, and I'm not sure he is doing himself any favours - particularly in terms of the reactions he is getting.

I'm in no doubt from other stories about them, that the "boatbuilder" he chose has built some fairly poor boats, although the story has always been complicated by the fact that others have at times claimed to have had a reasonable boat from them.

I'm saddened whenever I hear stories of the big canal boat dream that turned sour on somebody, and it's sad to see Pirate's name on the list of those to whom this applies.

Nobody would want to find themselves in the position he ened up in, I feel sure.

For those who probably have no idea of the background to this......

Pirate was for some time a serious contributor to this forum, known to many who have been around a lot longer than a lot of those posting here.

He followed the pattern of many others - someone for which having their own new narrow boat was a big ambition, and which they had thrown large amounts of savings into.

Unfortunately for Pirate the dream turned bad - I'll pass no more comment on his individual case than that.

Not a troll, in my view, although what he hopes to achieve from his latest posts is unclear to me, and I'm not sure he is doing himself any favours - particularly in terms of the reactions he is getting.

I'm in no doubt from other stories about them, that the "boatbuilder" he chose has built some fairly poor boats, although the story has always been complicated by the fact that others have at times claimed to have had a reasonable boat from them.

I'm saddened whenever I hear stories of the big canal boat dream that turned sour on somebody, and it's sad to see Pirate's name on the list of those to whom this applies.

Nobody would want to find themselves in the position he ened up in, I feel sure.

Thank you Alan, but your wasting your time, they are here to bully and ridicule as usual.

Some one mentioned I hadn´t learned a lesson, how mistaken they are.

What do I achive, well I have shown that members here don´t give a toss about boaters needs and I have brought to the front a few names who suddenly, as you say are now against the builder who at the time strongly defended him, sugesting I was lieing. I have read statements made by these same people saying they supported him because my figures were some how wrong. I think maybe based on what the said builder told them while they were up his a$%Se.

What do I achieve, well the things I learned would have been so helpfull to anyone who got into my situation. It´s very expensive to deal with however I came across a way of doing it if you have no money, although unfortunatelyt too late to help myself.

I think I have shown that the behaviour on here has stopped some good information being posted and NOT helped anyone.

Most forums where people go to find help may have been glad to see how things ended and more importantly how it was achieved. I think I have shown this is not a forum to come to if you need serious help or advice.

However I agree Maybe I shouldn´t stoop down to their level too, I´m sure theirs plenty on here know I can easily give as good as I get, and for a minute I was tempted

I will refrain, all the best

Edited by Pirate

I would actually very much liked to hear how the story ended, or at least as much as you wanted to put in the public domain.

If you took this to law, as it sounds as if you did, it would have been interesting how you got on, and what if any recompense you got.

It sounds like you don't still have Westwood, (well I said I really don't know the story!), and I think that's a shame, whatever has gone on since I last knew anything about it.

It does seem that some who initially said they were happy with their builds from maesbury then became disenchanted with Mr Tuffin at a later date, but that doesn't really help you now, of course.