selling house ,,, want 40 f cruiser new

Featured Posts

have seen b beardall marine services , 700£ per foot vat inc , this is 300£ cheaper than most others ,, can any one tell me there rep ?????????????? also as long trem boater where would you go for a 40f new build ???? all coments will be welcome ,,, and plzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me where deff not to go ,,,, thanks every one

have seen b beardall marine services , 700£ per foot vat inc , this is 300£ cheaper than most others ,, can any one tell me there rep ?????????????? also as long trem boater where would you go for a 40f new build ???? all coments will be welcome ,,, and plzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me where deff not to go ,,,, thanks every one

Tricky one.

So many companies are fussy about wanting their clients to be capable of typing in English.

The word is "Please", not "pl" followed by a variable number of "z"s, you don't need multiple commas or question marks all over the place, the "£" goes before the numbers.

• Greenie 2

Sorry you are going to get negative posts. I wouldn't sell the house and certainly not to buy a 40ft boat to live on. Have you lived on a boat? Try a second hand one first & put lodgers in the house to see how it works out. The cost of boating is going to rise probably more than living in a house and 40ft is small to live in.

Sue

Tricky one.

So many companies are fussy about wanting their clients to be capable of typing in English.

The word is "Please", not "pl" followed by a variable number of "z"s, you don't need multiple commas or question marks all over the place, the "£" goes before the numbers.

You're being an arsehole Dave.

A stupid one as well, if you're going to get picky about a posters use of English perhaps you should make sure you use the language correctly yourself.

"Tricky one." is not a proper sentence.

Sorry you are going to get negative posts. I wouldn't sell the house and certainly not to buy a 40ft boat to live on. Have you lived on a boat? Try a second hand one first & put lodgers in the house to see how it works out. The cost of boating is going to rise probably more than living in a house and 40ft is small to live in.

Sue

This is good advice. Why not look at second hand boats? I think it's difficult to know what your needs are until you've lived on a boat. You can always sell & but a new one later on when you know exactly what you want.

Whether 40' is big enough to live on depends on the amount of stuff you have. I find that 45' is fine for me.

• Greenie 1

Hi the company you quote Beardall only fit out sailaways. I have also contacted them and they generally used John White Boats of Liverpool's shells.

I do trust I have my English grammatically correct because I hate being corrected!

Regards

Ian

Is that really the case ? I am truly shocked that a company would act in such a way in today's economic climate. No wonder so many companies are going to the wall ! Do they also refuse to do business with people who have absolutely no manners ?

Is that really the case ? I am truly shocked that a company would act in such a way in today's economic climate. No wonder so many companies are going to the wall ! Do they also refuse to do business with people who have absolutely no manners ?

Sorry Laurie . .

But the OP displayed no manners when he typed his question in scribble

If one wishes others to spend their time answering a question, then surely it is only good manners to ask the question with courtesy, in English (for this forum at least)

• Greenie 1

Note that price is for a sailaway. You can't live in a sailaway. There's nothing in it and it costs a lot more than you think to make it livable.

If your budget is 28k (40x700) you can get a pretty decent second hand boat, especially if you're looking at 40 footers.

Personally I'd not look at anything under 45 foot if I was going to live on it. That seems to be the cut off point for having a reasonable amount of space ime.

Sorry Laurie . .

But the OP displayed no manners when he typed his question in scribble

If one wishes others to spend their time answering a question, then surely it is only good manners to ask the question with courtesy, in English (for this forum at least)

he said please and thank you. I'd say that's polite.

No.

It was a comment about the OP's habit of typing every post in such an appalling fashion.

I should have predicted that some people would have a sense of humour failure.

No.

It was a comment about the OP's habit of typing every post in such an appalling fashion.

I should have predicted that some people would have a sense of humour failure.

Oh I get it now ! Sorry I am still new to this forum.

What does OP mean ? Looked in the dictionary but could find no reference :lol:

See I get it now ! Don't have a sense of humour failure at my little quip.

You're being an arsehole Dave.

A stupid one as well, if you're going to get picky about a posters use of English perhaps you should make sure you use the language correctly yourself.

"Tricky one." is not a proper sentence.

I am well aware that "Tricky one." is not a proper sentence

You see, I don't see any need for anal pedantry about perfect grammar. I do see it as a courtesy to those who you would like to answer the question to type in a reasonably intelligible fashion, using your best effort at the correct spelling (unless the OP seriously doesn't know that there are no words in the English language with that many "z"s in succession)

I have edited the following so as everyone can now understand it. I didn't even need to use google translate !

I have seen Beardall Marine Services charge £700 per foot inclusive of vat, this is £300 cheaper than most others. Can any one tell me their reputation, also as long trem boater where would you go for a 40 foot new build ? All coments will be welcome, and please tell me where definitely not to go.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by laurieb

tbh, I think it's f*cking rude for people to take the piss out of someone and look down on them for the way they write.

Could not agree more, but some people here seemed to have real trouble understanding what I thought was quite easy to comprehend, hence the translation.

Now people from ooop north, I do need to use a phrase book for :lol:

Edited by laurieb

tbh, I think it's f*cking rude for people to take the piss out of someone and look down on them for the way they write.

TBH, I couldn't give a toss what you think.

If I was taking the piss out of somebody for making spelling mistakes, then I might think your opinion to be fair comment.

However, when somebody writes in the way that the OP does, it is clear that this isn't down to an inability to spell, it is down to a concious decision to write in a particular way because the OP thinks it is clever to do so.

Well, it isn't. It is rather silly, and WILL cause others to look down on him.

• Greenie 1

Could not agree more, but some people here seemed to have real trouble understanding what I thought was quite easy to comprehend, hence the translation.

Now people from ooop north, I do need to use a phrase book for :lol:

I think its so sad that so much effort is wasted on here being nothing but petty and small minded when the same effort applied to assist could potentially produce outstanding results- So I'll take no further part in this-just in case I drop into the sad situation

Regards

Ian

I think its so sad that so much effort is wasted on here being nothing but petty and small minded when the same effort applied to assist could potentially produce outstanding results- So I'll take no further part in this-just in case I drop into the sad situation

Regards

Ian

You already did.

You have made an assumption that what I said was not intended to assist.

Well, it was!

It was sound advice to the OP that if he stops with the silly, affected, way of typing everthing, he will find it more likely that people will help him.

Regards

Ian

To be fair, as a total newby to the canal/river world, I have gathered a lot of good information here, along with some very good advice.

Topics will always go off track and I apologise to the OP if I have perpetuated that.

I know of one boat that's around 40 feet and going for a song. It's a terrific boat in my opinion and priced somewhere around 18 K. I'm not into sales or anything like that but just happen to notice potentially good boats. That doesn't mean to say I'd not have survey done since the said boat is around 1992 and may even benefit from some overplating.

I currently live on a boat that's a mere 32 feet and some of that is cruiser deck. It doesn't particularly bother me and you can learn to make use of limited space. It's not everybody's cup of tea admittedly but I manage.

If you want a new boat built around 40 feet I can point you to the right direction but it would be a lot more expensive than just buying a second hand boat and doing it up.

"It was sound advice to the OP that if he stops with the silly, affected, way of typing everthing, he will find it more likely that people will help him."

He may have used a mobile or he may frequently use internet on mobile and in such cases people tend to type in text language.

You already did.

You have made an assumption that what I said was not intended to assist.

Well, it was!

It was sound advice to the OP that if he stops with the silly, affected, way of typing everthing, he will find it more likely that people will help him.

Topics will always go off track and I apologise to the OP if I have perpetuated that.

Its probably me, but I find it strange that a newby just happens to hit on a company which has previously been the subject of discussion on this forum ,maybe its just coincidence ?

John