Beale Park Banter

GSer

Featured Posts

Well?

I know its early doors yet, but do you think there will be a Banter at the IWA festival at Beale park?

I'm going away for a few weeks and will be internet free for ages, and i don't want to miss out again, i'd love to put some faces to names :lol:

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Well?

I know its early doors yet, but do you think there will be a Banter at the IWA festival at Beale park?

I'm going away for a few weeks and will be internet free for ages, and i don't want to miss out again, i'd love to put some faces to names :lol:

Paul

I hope to be there one day only.

Sue

Well?

Paul

I will be running the usual free mini-maintenance courses on the RCR stand and being available for advice and more to the point a chat but I will probably not be free to get to the beer tent.

Although we have the boat there this year out mooring and past experience says that once we have hiked best part of the way to the railway bridge for dinner and back it will not be worth trying to get into any evening entertainment so it will be evenings on the boat.

Happy to see members on the stand though when I am not doing a course.

Well?

Paul

We are not going, after my disagreement about mooring allocations I am voting with my feet as they say.

Although we have the boat there this year out mooring and past experience says that once we have hiked best part of the way to the railway bridge for dinner and back it will not be worth trying to get into any evening entertainment so it will be evenings on the boat.

While expensive, it is often worth the expense just to stay on site instead of the two mile cludge we once had to get back to the boat.

Mike

(Burton Upon Trent national - though we were moored in the next village!)

ps. Have a word with the waterspace people, there is often free spaces - especially come Saturday.

Edited by mykaskin

We will be there for all three days - although our allocated mooring is some way from the site and five boats abreast out into the river. Which all means that, on this occasion, we may not be on the bottom!

We will be there on the Saturday only (travelling by car not boat unfortunately) and I will be on the Wey and Arun display trailer for a brief while during the afternoon.

Look forward to seeing a few others - in the bar perhaps at lunchtime?

Richard and Nessa

While expensive, it is often worth the expense just to stay on site instead of the two mile cludge we once had to get back to the boat.

Mike

ps. Have a word with the waterspace people, there is often free spaces - especially come Saturday.

By the time the show closes each day and after a day of talking and handling the engines all I want is a DECENT cup of tea, a good wash and a comfortable chair for a while. Staying on the site and trying to get a reasonably balanced meal from the lay-by caterers does not appeal to me in any way. Likewise I have no wish to disrupt a whole raft of boats simply so I can get a better mooring - especially if some are unoccupied. I am particularly concerned about this after the harbour master seemed to consider I was unreasonable in complaining about my boat being left on an ordinary mooring pin at the bow with five others rafted alongside.

I am afraid that it seems that the people working at the show as exhibitors and bringing their own boat are not expected to want to avail themselves of the evening entertainment.

We are not going, after my disagreement about mooring allocations I am voting with my feet as they say.

We aren't taking the boat. We haven't for years as it is the most inconvenient way of visiting.

Sue

Mike

I don't understand the above. You still have a two mile trudge back to the boat.

Sue

I don't understand the above. You still have a two mile trudge back to the boat.

Sue

We'd arranged a closer mooring during the day, and yes we did have another 2 mile walk at the end of the day we didn't have to repeat another 4 miles just to get there for evening entertainment. The next day we moved on down and only had a 1/2 mile walk. By Monday we were moored 10 boats from the bridge! :-)

Mike

ps. Victoria will be moored in the pool with the other historic boats, and then on Monday afternoon I'm setting off for Shackerstone.

Edited by mykaskin

• 2 weeks later...
We will be there all weekend working on our stand in the craft marquee. Unfortunately we will not be there by boat, but will be camping and sampling a few beers in the bar of an evening. See you there!

We also have a stall in the Craft Marquee, we were lucky and despite booking well in advance and asking well in advance for a convienient mooring seeing as we have to trudge back a forth to the boat with our kit, we ended up in a mooring nearer the N30's than the N20's. I might not even bother taking the boat to the show now, as we feel it's to far to carry the kit every day so we've arranged a car for the weekend. Despite the cock up being at the organisers end there seems no movement on their part.

The last festival we attended there, we were given moorings in the 'exhibitors' area which were very convienient to the entrance, surrounded, it appeared, by lots of non exhibitors.

Never mind as long as er indoors earns a few bob in the craft tent, i'll be trying to spend it in the beer tent :lol:

Paul

Edited by GSer

We also have a stall in the Craft Marquee, we were lucky and despite booking well in advance and asking well in advance for a convienient mooring seeing as we have to trudge back a forth to the boat with our kit, we ended up in a mooring nearer the N30's than the N20's. I might not even bother taking the boat to the show now, as we feel it's to far to carry the kit every day so we've arranged a car for the weekend. Despite the cock up being at the organisers end there seems no movement on their part.

The last festival we attended there, we were given moorings in the 'exhibitors' area which were very convienient to the entrance, surrounded, it appeared, by lots of non exhibitors.

Never mind as long as er indoors earns a few bob in the craft tent, i'll be trying to spend it in the beer tent :lol:

Paul

We will pop down to the craft marquee on the Monday then (on our way to the beer tent).

Will you have molly dog there? Our girls have not seen her since we shared locks in 2006!!

We are not bothering to take the boat either. Easier just to drive.

Jo.

We will pop down to the craft marquee on the Monday then (on our way to the beer tent).

Will you have molly dog there? Our girls have not seen her since we shared locks in 2006!!

We are not bothering to take the boat either. Easier just to drive.

Jo.

'Molly' and the new dog 'Spike' (another beardie) will be in attendance so I should be easy to find at least in the beer tent :lol:

Hmmm. Never been to this. Is it worth it? My boat's moored at Whitchurch, so it's hardly a slog. Might come along this year...

You might have trouble mooring if you havn't booked in.

I'm not sure of the approach to 'casual visitors' by boat.

You might have trouble mooring if you havn't booked in.

I'm not sure of the approach to 'casual visitors' by boat.

I think you could probably walk it from Whitchurch - probably quicker than some boats with festival moorings!