Diesel Supply

choogh

Featured Posts

What options are there for buying diesel on the Lancaster, or, do we have to drop down into Glasson Basin?

Thanks.

yes diesel is a problem on lancaster if you have some canisters you can buy at fuel depot in Garstang when I was there last year there were a couple of guys who delivered to the towpath they are based just outside Garstang unfortunatly I deleted there phone number when I left The Lancaster but I am sure the locals will tell you.

Have a look here

http://www.alucard.co.uk/lancaster/

Moons bridge marina and Bridgehouse marina sell diesel,as said above in Garstang there are Fuel distributors, the canal in a lot of places follows the main A6 and there are a few garages close.

At brock there is a garage on the A6 Rogers which also backs onto the canal with a handy gate that connects to the towpath this also has a large shop.

[

Moons Bridge Marina is the only other canalside pump (closed Mondays

And promply at 4pm on tye days its open and closed for lunch!!

Edited by buccaneer

yes diesel is a problem on lancaster if you have some canisters you can buy at fuel depot in Garstang when I was there last year there were a couple of guys who delivered to the towpath they are based just outside Garstang unfortunatly I deleted there phone number when I left The Lancaster but I am sure the locals will tell you.

Robert or Andrew will deliver at Garstang on 01524 791417

Can you not still buy it at Ashton Basin and Moons Bridge?

Tarleton Boatyard used to be very cheap in the 'red' days but don't know whether they still do it.

I was always a petrol boater so it wasn't really an issue as there are quite a number of petrol stations on the Lancy. Actually you could get road diesel from them thinking about it. Locations: Brock (between Bilsborrow and Garstang); Carnforth (right by the canal); just South of the Lune Aqueduct (bit of a treck with your cans); Hest Bank (more of a treck!!) down to the main road and turn right then walk about 3/4 mile; Forton: moor at Bridge 75 and head East along the road then fork right and it's over the brow and across the road (about 3/4 mile).

Bridge House Marina (Garstang) once sold it but not sure now, also ask at Garstang Marina next door?? Anyone know??

Preston Dock definately sell it as well, but tell BW if you planning the slight excursion as you'll have to spread your link crossing over two days.

There is a garage just as you go on to The Ribble Link as well, but getting off and on the boat there is almost impossible, and it's a bit of a treck from above the half-tide lock if you are walking.

Edited by GRPCruiserman

Glasson now only sell Green diesel, can't remember exactly how much but expensive.

I'm pretty sure Garstang/Bridgehouse don't sell it anymore. If you have a car and jerry cans there are a number of places on the A6 that sell it - the Texaco in Broughton (actually comes in jerry cans with a £3 deposit), Cabus garage, a plant hire place behind the Tesco at Carnforth, Emu(?) fuels in Garstang, E&L fuels in Lancaster and the garage at Crooklands.

Not sure if Andy - County4x4 on here - is still delivering. Haven't seen him in ages except when I cruised past him and his family the other day.

eta: the places I've listed will all sell you Red diesel. Cheaper, but not much use unless you can travel, sorry!

Edited by TheWilk

• 1 year later...

As this topic is nearly 2 years old does anyone know the current situation for buying diesel on the Lancaster, we're currently at Galgate & will be going down to Glasson tomorrow.

BTB the warden from the Marina came to see us yesterday, some dubious types been spotted 'checking out' the boats moored on the pontoons on the offside ( below the farm) they had found a way in across the field.

Just thought, probably be a good idea to ask the warden (Dave?) about diesel as he will likely know rolleyes.gif

When we were there this time last year we had gone past Moons Bridge before we realised they were the only canalside pump on the mainline. We bought some from EMU fuels at Garstang. We moored at the sanitary station and it was about 300 yards down the road. We filled the tanks at Glasson Marina. Was red then with self declaration.

Regards

Pete

When we were there this time last year we had gone past Moons Bridge before we realised they were the only canalside pump on the mainline. We bought some from EMU fuels at Garstang. We moored at the sanitary station and it was about 300 yards down the road. We filled the tanks at Glasson Marina. Was red then with self declaration.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for reply, Glasson it is then.