Gravel Run

LEO

Featured Posts

Pinched from friends facebook albumn

126287057.jpg

Tim

Now that is an impressive sight - one I'll try not to miss in our area.

Despite NBW's 100 ton figure, there is clearly a lot more than 100 tons shared across those boats.

Pinched from friends facebook albumn

126287057.jpg

Tim

Oi! No breasting up in Paddington Basin ;-)

Lovely sight to see. When we used to moor at Browns Meadow I'd sometimes see matey on Arundel fully loaded go past early in the morning eating his breakfast out of a frying pan he'd plonked from the range onto the rear hatch. :-)

Oi! No breasting up in Paddington Basin ;-)

<Snip>

I ws there on Sunday eveening when a security guard started on that breasting four boats wasn't allowed, we put him onto Del Brenner who flummuxed him into submission!

Tim

Now that is an impressive sight - one I'll try not to miss in our area.

Despite NBW's 100 ton figure, there is clearly a lot more than 100 tons shared across those boats.

130 tons were put into the basin to support a collapsing wall and it was reckoned that nearly all of it was loaded back onto the boats.

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

I ws there on Sunday eveening when a security guard started on that breasting four boats wasn't allowed, we put him onto Del Brenner who flummuxed him into submission!

Tim

130 tons were put into the basin to support a collapsing wall and it was reckoned that nearly all of it was loaded back onto the boats.

Tim

hello all

fantastic to see Archimedes & Ara followed close behind by Callisto & Themis then Victoria around 25 mins behind enter the G U @ Bulls bridge waited an hour but no sigh of Arundel or Joe. waited around to see last two arrive @ Cowley but after over an hours wait it was to dark to take photos & i had to leave to re join friends moored up near the Packet boat, shame i would have loved to get a photo of them all moored up together,will try early in the morning if i can raise my head looks like a long drinking

session tonight ( gone midnight & still in p.b.)

jeannette

A fine sight indeed - but has anyone established why this fleet is carrying coals to Newcastle, whoops, gravel to Atherstone? As mentuioned earlier in the thread, there is no shortage of quarries in that area.

Are there any revised timings for where they may pass today, and when ?

I'd really love to turn out and find them.

With default settings CanalPlanAC gives approaching 19 hours from Cowley to Cow Roast, so with loaded boats, that sounds to need a pretty good run, and a long day.

Does anyone know when they started, or better still where they are now, please ?

They are approaching Ricky now

Arundel and Joe are following a way back ( avg speed 2.6)

Lead boats aiming for Tring tonight

Thanks Chris.

On default timings CanaPlanAC still has that as over 14 hours to Cow Roast, although I'm sure they are moving faster than that.

Do you know latest plans on where they hope to tie up tonight, please ?

I'm not up to miles on the bike yet, following my mishap, but might try and catch a train South to catch up with them somewhere.

They are approaching Ricky now

Arundel and Joe are following a way back ( avg speed 2.6)

Lead boats aiming for Tring tonight

So passing me (lock 59) somewhere about 5pm then.

would have thought so

Just got up from a night shift, had breakfast, and

hark i hear the bark of a well loaded Themis i think.

Calisto passed juas in front, and a pair of pleasure boats just got squeezed against the towpath too.

Looks like the single motors will keep to canalplan times, i expect the pairs won't be too far behind

:lol:

Right, best get dressed and go lock wheeling.

36487_443598774187_712344187_6015567_688691_n.jpg

one more

Should recognise that, but at the moment I don't.

Do we know where the leading boats are now,, please ?

(Still sat at home, wondering where to go, and when!....)

Should recognise that, but at the moment I don't.

Do we know where the leading boats are now,, please ?

(Still sat at home, wondering where to go, and when!....)

Casiobury park at a guess

either just above the bridge above casio lock or ironbridge lock both have TS and overhanging trees

Edited by idleness