What have you found in the canal

Featured Posts

I've found my own Big Bear The Bear floating in the canal at Warwick (he fell off the back seat while pretending to drive at the tiller); and a rusty horseshoe in Chester; and a dead duck in Stratford; and a dead rabbit in Wootton Wawen... but I never found the spanner I dropped in at Christleton.

Saw a massive severed pig's head, really jagged hack line around the neck, floating past coming out of the bottom farmers lock in brum :lol:

And a few turtles, seperate occasions not together in a group, in the GU :lol:

Are you sure they where no terrapins? We saw one the other weekend on our way back from Wells. It looked quite healthy and was quite large. There was a craze a few years back for owning them but when they outgrew their tanks they where released.

All of which brings us around nicely to possibly one of the most boring and niche canal related site on the www...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/373737@N21/

Whatever floats yer boat, as they say :lol:

Edited to add i've just noticed it has six members... come on own up, who are you?

Edited by The Anonymous Bard

Yesterday evening a large frozen chicken floated past our kitchen window. Makes a change from all the coconuts I suppose.

In other news I also had a nice chat with a woman who was taking her tortoise for a walk along the tow path. His name was Mango and he was moving at a fair old pace! I now desperately want a tortoise.

Yesterday evening a large frozen chicken floated past our kitchen window. Makes a change from all the coconuts I suppose.

I wonder if it was the same one I saw on Sunday drifting down the Llangollen? (ok it would not still be frozen).

On the LL where we are in Adlington we seem to be seeing a few green peppers in the cut... about 1 or 2 every week or so... very bizzare, I think someone keeps buying them but the OH doesn't like em and 'disposes' of them out of the window when she's not looking!

As kids, we are with mum and dad at pontcysyllte, and a go-kart drifted past, a kind stranger fished it out and gave it to my Brother and I...

Some years later, aged 18 with brother and two friends present as we took our first ever independent boat holiday, something else drifted across Pontcysyllte...

A somewhat, but not entirely, deflated platic doll, about 5 feet 6 with life like finishes...

We wondered how someone would explain getting THAT round the prop (so to speak) :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well in a week cruising round the Cheshire ring, we saw: TV, Bra, couple of pallets, Foam sword, Foam mickey mouse ears, couple of asians swimming in the canal and a couple washing their clothes :lol:, an old water tank type thing, a couple of the big 'tonne' sand bags and on the ashton, enough bottles and cans to empty the system! Found a couple of sunk boats too.

And then the dead things: about 15 dead birds and a few dead rats.

Another vote for a dead bloated sheep - on the Ashby in Feb this year.

It was there on the way out and spookily almost in exactly the same spot coming back a week later - (only by then a little more bloatier)

Another vote for a dead bloated sheep - on the Ashby in Feb this year.

It was there on the way out and spookily almost in exactly the same spot coming back a week later - (only by then a little more bloatier)

Were you surprised that no one had pinched it while you were gone?