Stillwater Narrowboats

nearlythere

Featured Posts

Are there any of you out there with any experience of this company and its boats? We were impressed with the show boat they had at Crick and would like to get some feedback be it good or bad about them please.............

Never had a boat built by them but we liked their boat last year at Crick and the one they had at Crick this year too...

at around £1050 per foot (which is I think their quoted price) they look like good value.

The best thing we liked when asked - the price was the same if you had a reverse or normal layout or even if you had a trad. semi trad or cruiser stern.

Just look though at the internal trim and finish......if you can live with that, and it lasts, fine...

Edited by MJG

• 2 weeks later...

They built our boat which was completed in March this year.

The boat is fine , we,ve only had some minor issues which they have promptly put right.

The guys are very approachable and keen to satisfy requirements.

Our boat was very late but that was due to them being too ambitious and moving premises etc., etc.

I can reccomend them but be careful to agree a date.

You`re welcome to have a butchers at ours if you post a number I can contact you on

They built our boat which was completed in March this year.

The boat is fine , we,ve only had some minor issues which they have promptly put right.

The guys are very approachable and keen to satisfy requirements.

Our boat was very late but that was due to them being too ambitious and moving premises etc., etc.

I can reccomend them but be careful to agree a date.

You`re welcome to have a butchers at ours if you post a number I can contact you on

thanks for the feedback and kind offer which we would like to take you up on. I have tried to pm you my phone number but it won't go through?? Whereabouts is the boat located roughly please?

thanks for the feedback and kind offer which we would like to take you up on. I have tried to pm you my phone number but it won't go through?? Whereabouts is the boat located roughly please?

We are moored at Mercia Marina between Derby and Burton.

We will be going down the Trent and Mersey and Coventry Canals fromTuesday 22nd June.

I`m reluctant to put my number on here as who knows what "crackpots" will be ringing up.

I can meet you at Mercia anytime between now and Tuesday or when we return.

Send me an e-mail to >email address removed<

Suggest a day and time and let`s see what happens.

Regards

Edited by NB Alnwick
email address removed

We will be going down the Trent and Mersey and Coventry Canals fromTuesday 22nd June.

I`m reluctant to put my number on here as who knows what "crackpots" will be ringing up.

Send me an e-mail to **********@btinternet.com

Regards

If you are concerned about crackpots, and that's a very reasonable concern, then break you email address up so you don't get picked up by spammers.

Richard

Edited by RLWP

If you are concerned about crackpots, and that's a very reasonable concern, then break you email address up so you don't get picked up by spammers.

Richard

How do I do that Richard.

Thanks

Send me an e-mail to

Regards

How do I do that Richard.

Thanks

Either go to the post with the email address in it and edit it (icon in the bottom right corner), or ask a mod to do it. Just putting spaces in should do

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have sent you an email a couple of weeks ago about arranging a visit/viewing. I'm hoping that I have sent it to the correct address as I havent heard back from you?

We are still keen to view your boat if the offer stands please.

I have put my name and contact details in the email.

Nichola

Send me an e-mail to >email address removed<

Regards

Just an observation you understand.

Didn't he say he was out and about cruising down the Coventry and the like. He may not be online whilst away.

Martyn

Yes I understand ;-) , I just thought in case he didn't get email notifications from the forum and I had sent the email to the wrong address?!

Nichola

Yes I understand ;-) , I just thought in case he didn't get email notifications from the forum and I had sent the email to the wrong address?!

Nichola

Hi there,

I have sent you an email a couple of weeks ago about arranging a visit/viewing. I'm hoping that I have sent it to the correct address as I havent heard back from you?

Nichola

Hi there,

Nichola

Nichola,

Sorry but I`ve not received your e-mail.

Looks like it may have gone to a wrong address.

The offer still stands and we are around until the end of this month.

Why don`t you check the address and have another go.

John

Nichola,

Sorry but I`ve not received your e-mail.

Looks like it may have gone to a wrong address.

The offer still stands and we are around until the end of this month.

Why don`t you check the address and have another go.

John

Hi John,

thanks for your reply. I have just forwarded the email to you again to see if you receive it? If not, maybe you could look at your settings on this forum to enable me to send you a private message? Otherwise, if you could just tell me the 1st part of your email address again as I may have spelt it wrong? I know the @.... part is correct.

Many thanks for your trouble, we are so keen to see your boat.

Nichola

• 3 years later...

We had a boat built by Stillwater in 2010. There were serious delays in its launch and when it was launched it was so badly ballasted that it didn't get off the slings and was immediately hoisted back onto the truck.

3 years down the line I have had to paint the cabin myself, couldn't afford a pro job,. lots of corrosion below the original paintwork.

Also at the same time I discovered.that the company had not completed the engine installation document for Vetus hence no engine warranty. Engine needed new mountings. Persistent water leak from skin tank bottom hose discovered to be the result of failure to put any sealant on the tank fitting thread.

One Year down the line I discovered that the agreed galvonic isolator had not been fitted, the company did fit this.

Poor fit of internal panelling around lounge windows. Fit of some cupboard doors poor.

Having said all this the boat is still floating!