Fridge Wiring - 12V LEc

Billy72

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

I have a Lec 50mm (12V fridge). I received it with all the wiring at the back of the unit disconnected, meaning that the wires that connect to the danfoss compressor are not connected and I have no idea what order they should go in? Anyone got a Lec fridge connected to a danfoss compressor who could put me right?

I've looked at the wiring diagrams from Danfoss, but they don't make sense to me and don't take into account the fridge model. Lec no longer stock the unit in question and have no schematics of how it should hook up. Itfi get it wrong i may blow the fridge of the electrics (well short them, anyway!)

The Danfoss compressor is a BD35F and the LEC is an R45M.

The lec has two main leads coming from the back of the unit. A white lead with two wires Brown (+) and Blue (-) for power - I think. Then there is a black lead that has four wires that should connect to the compressor: Brown (+), Blue (-), Grey (?) and black (?)

The 8 terminals on the compressor are:

+

_

+

F

D

C

P

T

Four wires, 8 terminals...you decide!

It's a bit like the Hurt Locker but without the suit!

Thanks for all help!

Billy

Which is (unsurprisingly) virtually identical to the Danfoss diagram on this pdf.

Or this one.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I can't understand what colour wires would go on what terminals...any ideas? also, if I have a separate power lead for the battery connection, I think that takes care of first + / - But the compressor terminal?

I think it may be that brown (+) connects to C / Blue (-) to T / What about the grey and black wires? connect to (+) and (D)?

Taken from Lec manual (R45M)

Lecfridge.jpg

Unable to edit image, + and - from the battery are the wrong way round.

Thanks mate. I can't understand what colour wires would go on what terminals...any ideas? also, if I have a separate power lead for the battery connection, I think that takes care of first + / - But the compressor terminal?

I think it may be that brown (+) connects to C / Blue (-) to T / What about the grey and black wires? connect to (+) and (D)?

Thanks Tony. I can't understand what colour wires would go on what terminals...any ideas? also, if I have a separate power lead for the battery connection, I think that takes care of first + / - But the compressor terminal?

Thanks mate. I can't understand what colour wires would go on what terminals...any ideas? also, if I have a separate power lead for the battery connection, I think that takes care of first + / - But the compressor terminal?

Ok here goes.

I am having probs with photobucket so will describe things.

We have a black 4 core cable, Blue-Grey-Black-Brown.

Blue goes to +

Grey goes to -

Black goes to C (this has a resistor in it)

Brown goes to T

We also have a white 2 core cable, Brown-Blue.

Brown goes to lower + (fan and led)

Blue goes to D

Hope that helps

Chris

chris, that is so helpful, thank you. One last dumb question: If all those wires connect to the compressor, what connects to the power supply from the wall / 12v circuit? as i understand it, both leads are connected to the compressor, which means i need another lead to connect up the power?

thanks again!

Ok here goes.

I am having probs with photobucket so will describe things.

We have a black 4 core cable, Blue-Grey-Black-Brown.

Blue goes to +

Grey goes to -

Black goes to C (this has a resistor in it)

Brown goes to T

We also have a white 2 core cable, Brown-Blue.

Brown goes to lower + (fan and led)

Blue goes to D

Hope that helps

Chris

chris, that is so helpful, thank you. One last dumb question: If all those wires connect to the compressor, what connects to the power supply from the wall / 12v circuit? as i understand it, both leads are connected to the compressor, which means i need another lead to connect up the power?

thanks again!

Sorry, being super dumb. Presumably the + / - core from the circuit also connects to the compressor? In that case, I would assume that the wall cable connects to the

+

-

on the compressor, but as you have it, the lead from the fridge connects to these points (the ones as the upper section of the sequence on the compressor. The only terminals left on your config are F and P - I don't think the mains connects to those?

Can you help on where the mains power from the patter supply should connect to?

Sorry, being super dumb. Presumably the + / - core from the circuit also connects to the compressor? In that case, I would assume that the wall cable connects to the

+

-

on the compressor, but as you have it, the lead from the fridge connects to these points (the ones as the upper section of the sequence on the compressor. The only terminals left on your config are F and P - I don't think the mains connects to those?

Can you help on where the mains power from the patter supply should connect to?

Sorry should have said, on the 4 core blue piggybacks on to + (12v+) and grey does the same to - (12v-)

Sorry should have said, on the 4 core blue piggybacks on to + (12v+) and grey does the same to - (12v-)

Piggybacks? does that mean the 'mains' power connects to the + / - terminals along with the blue and grey core from the 4 core lead? Just shove them both on? any adaptor or terminal extension needed?

Edited by Billy72

Piggybacks? does that mean the 'mains' power connects to the + / - terminals along with the blue and grey core from the 4 core lead? Just shove them both on? any adaptor or terminal extension needed?

Yes, mine are actually connected via 'piggyback' spade connectors.

Managed to sort out photobucket.

LecfridgeZ.jpg