Electrolux 3 way fridge wiring

Biggles

Featured Posts

Hello

I have finished installing my fridge and am now wondering how to light the gas. I have a red button on the gas side of the panel, and I have a connector block with wires going to the button, but nothing going in to it. Can I assume it connects to the 12v supply?

I bought the fridge on ebay but didn't get any instruction :lol:

Biggles

Hello

I have finished installing my fridge and am now wondering how to light the gas. I have a red button on the gas side of the panel, and I have a connector block with wires going to the button, but nothing going in to it. Can I assume it connects to the 12v supply?

Biggles

Which model is it?

Our old one had automatic ignition and flame supervision, which required the 12v connected to work...

If you find the model number, a google will get you the PDF manual.

PC

Which model is it?

Our old one had automatic ignition and flame supervision, which required the 12v connected to work...

If you find the model number, a google will get you the PDF manual.

PC

I have done that, but its not really clear. It looks like the terminal block is the one for the igniter. It doesn't give any clues though as to what is N & P.

It advises the power comes from another source to the fridge 12V.

Biggles

Hello

Biggles

Is this a 2nd hand Electolux 12volt/240 volt/gas fridge? If so, the ignition doesn't require any electrical connection for gas only application.

Is there a rotary knob next to the red button marked min/med/max?

<edit> I replied before reading paulcatchpole's very informative post - and I didn't realise that some models don't use piezo ignition

Edited by PhilR

I have done that, but its not really clear. It looks like the terminal block is the one for the igniter. It doesn't give any clues though as to what is N & P.

It advises the power comes from another source to the fridge 12V.

Biggles

Well, this is the manual for our old one, now sold... [On Ebay, you didn't buy it from us did you?]

http://www.greenferret.net/rm4211-manual.pdf

The reason it gives you the choice of two 12v supplies is for caravan use, so you can power the 12v heating element from the car when towing, and the 12v ignitor from the caravan battery when the car isn't connected.

On the boat, you can common the two 12v connections together...

Relevant pics from the manual are:

Bit about separate 12v supplies:

fridge1.jpg

Connection showing polarity:

fridge2.jpg

Diagram:

fridge3.jpg

Does that help?

Cheers, PC

Is this a 2nd hand Electolux 12volt/240 volt/gas fridge? If so, the ignition doesn't require any electrical connection for gas only application.

Is there a rotary knob next to the red button marked min/med/max?

Depends on the model - some were piezo ignition for the gas, some (like ours) were automatic and required a 12v supply connected.

Both types are covered in the manual I've just pushed up to our webserver and linked above...

PC