What must every boat have?

Mick and Maggie

Featured Posts

Guest wanted
yeah agreed there was some good ideas in there...still have to wade through lots of crap though. Can one not say what one thinks then?

Yep, I think we all did! :lol:

yeah agreed there was some good ideas in there...still have to wade through lots of crap though. Can one not say what one thinks then?

Yes, of course one can say what one thinks.

Of course if what you want to say is that some people have added nothing constructive to the thread when you yourself have added nothing to the thread except a criticism of others, you must expect others to say what they think.

Yep, I think we all did! :lol:

:lol:

I put this stuff in a thermos:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http...ved=0CBUQ9QEwAw

delicious, and unlike tea it don't need to be boiling first.

Morrisons do it for £1 a bottle (500ml)

Edited by magnetman

I've been dropping massive hints to Charlotte for a Jet boil for my Birthday, fingers crossed.

Had one for a while now , use it all the time when out with the Land Rover..Top bit of kit for a quick brew

Chris

Guest wanted
Had one for a while now , use it all the time when out with the Land Rover..Top bit of kit for a quick brew

Chris

Right, hinting time over, I'm just going to ask for one! :lol:

Right, hinting time over, I'm just going to ask for one! :lol:

Lise brought me mine after I threw a totally disgusting cup of chain coffee out of the Landy window one day !

I was threatening to put an inverter and electric kettle in the motor for a quick brew up !

Lo and behold a Jet Boil appeared within the month !

Every boat must have a relatively watertight hull. That's it.

If you want to move the boat it needs some sort of propulsion system be it a pair of oars, sails or an engine.

Anything beyond that is a luxury.

Don't forget the horse and a troop of boy scouts. (Ideal to get stones out of the horses hooves, and to tow the boat when the horse is on its EU Working time directive break)

We are about to take delivery of a new (to us) narrow boat. Everyone has at some time gone camping and forgotten their tin opener, or purchased a bottle of wine and then can't find the cork screw. So I thought I should create a checklist of essential items for the boat. I suppose I should categorise these as mandatory items, safety items and day to day living items. there may be other categories that you might want to suggest.

Suggestions (acceptable ones anyway) most welcome.

Regards

Mick & Mags

A woman to do the bridges, locks washing up an cooking........

hah

that's posh like

I still use a Kelly Kettle

Free fuel :lol:

I've got a kelly stove too, which is great for camping (one of my many vices is collecting camping stoves).

Only trouble with them is you can't use them in the boat or, inside a vehicle.

Is a kelly stove one of those that has a central chamber for water inside another chamber with air holes at the bottom and a chimney so that you burn wood in it to heat the water?

Guest wanted
Is a kelly stove one of those that has a central chamber for water inside another chamber with air holes at the bottom and a chimney so that you burn wood in it to heat the water?

yep, that's about it, they are good but as Carl says, they are for outdoors.

kellykettle.jpg

Rob

We are about to take delivery of a new (to us) narrow boat. Everyone has at some time gone camping and forgotten their tin opener, or purchased a bottle of wine and then can't find the cork screw. So I thought I should create a checklist of essential items for the boat. I suppose I should categorise these as mandatory items, safety items and day to day living items. there may be other categories that you might want to suggest.

Suggestions (acceptable ones anyway) most welcome.

Regards

Mick & Mags

spare ignition key and lock picking probe. Mine broke off short in the key barrel whilst the engine was running. No way to stop the engine until fragment retrieved and substituted by the spare key (kept in the heads on a cork float with the BW facilities key)