Are these much use?

W+T

Featured Posts

I have got these and was wondering if anyone knows which outboard i can use them on, i havnt a clue what they were off, well anything else about outboard gear infact.

If i can find out if they are anygood i can start a search for a suitable out board to go witht hem.

Much appreciated for any help

wayne

tn_IMG_0795.jpg

tn_IMG_0794.jpg

They were on the same boat together but dont know what engine there were with.

I have got these and was wondering if anyone knows which outboard i can use them on, i havnt a clue what they were off, well anything else about outboard gear infact.

If i can find out if they are anygood i can start a search for a suitable out board to go witht hem.

Much appreciated for any help

wayne

I have the same gear selector/power stick on my 22' Cruiser (currently with a 15HP 4 stroke - which I am upgrading (see yr other thread re outboard size) to 25HP to better cope with regular high river levels [ure/Ouse] and tidal Ouse south of York).

The black knob is forward/neutral/reverse. The red knob is power (back - idling ... forward power on).

So far have had no problems with it - smooth and easy to operate.

Jez

Thanks for that, so some use then.

You can se inthe pic that one of the locking bung things is missing are these available do you know. Do you know the proper name so i can ask about for one, feel daft asking for a thingy that goes on the end.

thanks wayne

Thanks for that, so some use then.

You can se inthe pic that one of the locking bung things is missing are these available do you know. Do you know the proper name so i can ask about for one, feel daft asking for a thingy that goes on the end.

thanks wayne

Sorry - don't do technical. When I need anything I take the unit (or whatever) in to the shop, point at what's missing and ask if they have any thingies

Had one of those on each of our cruisers. As far as I can recall the 'missing bung thing' is a threaded collar attached to the outer sleeve of the teleflex cable. The inner cable, which has a spiral outer wrap, goes around the outer edge of a gear inside the housing and the 'spare end' moves to and fro inside a length of transparent tubing fitted into the end of the existing threaded collar. I guess the tubing is there so that the loose end doesn't collect your instrument panel wiring on it's travels. I found the two lever control easier to set up on the Honda 7.5 and 9.9 outboards that we had.

Mike