A fond farewell....

Jon

Featured Posts

All,

It will have been noticed by some of you that I haven't been on here recently. Unfortunately with work, volunteer work, planning my wedding, moving house and generally having a social life, I don't have anything like the time I used to have to work on this site. This has left the rest of the site crew in a very difficult position because they haven't been able to contact me or rely on me to make decisions that really should be made by the person that runs this site. There is a massive amount of work that goes on behind the scenes to keep this place running, and at present I feel that I am holding back the development of the site as I simply can't keep up with it.

When this site started in 2001 it was meant as a bit of fun and I can't believe that 9 years later the site is still going strong and has grown to have as many members as it does. I am hugely proud of this achievement and I would like the site to continue to grow, develop and get better and better. It is clear that I no longer have the time to maintain the efforts required and as a result, I have decided to step down from the site host role with immediate effect.

I have asked Daniel (DHutch) to take over from me in this role, and I have handed full ownership, control and responsibility for the site over to him on the proviso that the site continues to offer a safe, fun and free environment for the community to discuss waterway related issues. I wish Daniel the best of luck in this role.

I would like to thank all those who have supported me and the site over the years either as members of the site crew or just as members who have continued to post and contribute. I have really enjoyed my work on here and hope that you all continue to enjoy using the site for years to come.

I will still be around and pop in from time to time, but in the meantime, farewell!

Many thanks,

Jon

• Greenie 1