Anyone tried an inverter from KiPoint?

Pretty Funked Up

Featured Posts

I am led to believe the inverters themselves are fine but as said above the warranty position could be difficult.

Also I am not so sure they are great value. It will be £359 + £115 P&P making a total of £474 plus you will probably get stung for import duty at least equivalent to the current vat rate on the whole £474 so you could end up paying £557 plus any carrier handling charge for getting the tax paid. When it gets to that level you could buy a similar inverter in the UK for around the same money.

Don't know about that one, but don't get a "Power Jack" one. I got one (from a seller that's no longer on EBay), similar to this:

Inverter

Instructions were useless, not CE marked and went up in smoke after about a month. The company wouldn't give a refund unless I posted it back to China. Paypal weren't interested since it was past the deadline for their disputes system. I contacted my bank and they somehow managed to get me a refund, top marks to Lloyds TSB for that! The seller vanished from EBay soon after that, perhaps too many people were claiming back money from their account and they had to shut it down.

I bought one of these when we first bought the boat, knowing that Sterling re-badged them, or rather suspecting as much as they matched the photos on the Sterling Website.

It was a 2k/10A combi and the inverter blew loads of fuses when running my 900w grinder, admittedly for about 20 minutes on and off, and the charger bit was really noisy in an annoyingly variable buzzy sort of way and died suddenly just when we needed it.

True to say I bought Sterling 1500w to replace it, and to be fair having replaced the fuses I gave it to a mate & the inverter side still works now.

I got stung for about 65 quid import duty as well, although Kipoint heavily contested my neutral feedback.