Looking to purchase 2 possibly 4 Top Boxes

heyjude999

Featured Posts

I want 2 more than likely 4 top boxes for my boat.

I know it would be cheaper to make them ourselves but too busy and we want them in situ v soon.

Anyone know anyone who would have a good deal with me?

They are to fit on a wide beam but I am hoping that won't cause any difference.

Many thanks.

Judging by the demand I should start making these..but i'm too busy right now.

Let me know when you start not being busy. I think I could do with either getting rid of my carp or having a top box. I think a top box would be lovely - I might dedicate it to Baldock.

I've been looking at plywood packaging crates.

1200x1000x375 = £56

INTEUcomplete1.JPG

http://www.woodenpackaging.co.uk/products.asp?c=27

1000x750x362 = £34.59 Like this but different size:

MCase.JPG

http://www.woodenpackaging.co.uk/products....info&id=247

Edited by deletedaccount

Right just chatted to Pops. Hes got two 12" high boxes left at the moment £195 with a proper cover. He can't remeber the exact mesurements of the box but its made to fit the curve of the roof and alot bigger than most roof top boxes that you see about. Can also be finished in a colour to your liking or left in primer for you to paint yourself.

Hes not making any more right now as hes busy with other work but if people are not in a hurry then he will be making more as soon as he can.

We are on the Gloucester sharpness so no probs getting to you deletedaccount if your interested.

If anyones interested send me a message with a contact number and i'll pass it on to him.

As for geting rid of the carp, I threw out so much before I got the boat but since i've been on the boat it seems to have creeping back again. :lol:

Let me know when you start not being busy. I think I could do with either getting rid of my carp or having a top box. I think a top box would be lovely - I might dedicate it to Baldock.

Drop it in the cut

Richard

On a stability course I attended much was made and demonstrated about the negative effects of the loading of narrowboat roofs and who potentially would be responsible if one was to capsize!

I took it with a pinch of salt but it might be worth considering I do know that by the legal tests of stability narrowboats can be a bit near to the mark already in many cases.

A simple typo and they all come out to take the mick.. :lol:

It wasn't a type... I can't bring myself to type crap..ooh there I go... I think I need a lie down!

Waterways world had an article not so long ago on how to make your own top box. I realise this isn't ideal, but have you tried ebay?

Waterways world had an article not so long ago on how to make your own top box.

I made one for my boat out of old planks I had lying around. The cover is from an old pond lining. It looks truely awful :lol:

I'm not a fan of them anyway. Don't think they add anything to the boat. They will just get filled with all your unwanted 'carp'..

Is that each or for 2?

I would like to know the measurements.

I am downsizing form a 4 bed house to a boat I feel entitled to hang on to a bit of crap for the moment.

Right just chatted to Pops. Hes got two 12" high boxes left at the moment £195 with a proper cover. He can't remeber the exact mesurements of the box but its made to fit the curve of the roof and alot bigger than most roof top boxes that you see about. Can also be finished in a colour to your liking or left in primer for you to paint yourself.

Hes not making any more right now as hes busy with other work but if people are not in a hurry then he will be making more as soon as he can.

We are on the Gloucester sharpness so no probs getting to you deletedaccount if your interested.

If anyones interested send me a message with a contact number and i'll pass it on to him.

As for geting rid of the carp, I threw out so much before I got the boat but since i've been on the boat it seems to have creeping back again. :lol:

Is that each or for 2?

I would like to know the measurements.

I am downsizing form a 4 bed house to a boat I feel entitled to hang on to a bit of crap for the moment.

That is for each of them. I will get a picture of mine so you can see what they are like.

Gary - mine stores my coal and bike. Things which would be on the roof anyway but our marina don't allow it so its not encouraging me to put anything extra on the roof.

I will measure mine tomorrow when i'm off work. I will get Dad to get proper measurements aswell but the boxes are at his work shop but hes off working on boats at the moment.

I made one for my boat out of old planks I had lying around. The cover is from an old pond lining. It looks truely awful :lol:

I'm not a fan of them anyway. Don't think they add anything to the boat. They will just get filled with all your unwanted 'carp'..

I like the sound of that!