Power Saving Tips

NB Alnwick

Featured Posts

It's not stealing if there in't a fence around it... Section 10, Theft Act '68... Ave it!

10. Aggravated burglary.

1) A person is guilty of aggravated burglary if he commits any burglary and at the time has with him any firearm or imitation firearm, any weapon of offence, or any explosive; and for this purpose—

a) "firearm" includes an airgun or air pistol, and "imitation firearm" means anything which has the appearance of being a firearm, whether capable of being discharged or not; and

B) "weapon of offence" means any article made or adapted for use for causing injury to or incapacitating a person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use; and

c) "explosive" means any article manufactured for the purpose of producing a practical effect by explosion, or intended by the person having it with him for that purpose.

2) A person guilty of aggravated burglary shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for life.

Doesn't seem to be remotely relevant!

Hang on yesterday you said you didnt quote regulations in your arguments :lol:

No I didn't. you tiresome woman.

You made a claim that I only argued things where I could quote regulations and that I walked away from arguments where I couldn't back my position with the law.

In this case, an assertion has been made that s10, Theft Act 1968 legitimises taking stuff out of skips. I have posted the text to show that it does not.

Perhaps it would be better for me to simply have asserted that it was untrue, then we could argue it back and forth for days.

I never go to the pub without my phone charger.

Always ask permission first - never been refused.

From dead my phone takes four pints, a beef stroganoff, apple pie with custard and a filter coffee to be fully charged :lol:

If I have ice cream, with my apple pie, does that mean I'll have to have a fifth pint?

So, the thread has drifted into a discussion of which tips aren't "saving" power, but are "stealing" power.

Big deal!

tating from skips is a crime.

the person who has hired the skip is the owner and is responsible for the safe and legal desposal of the waste.

an example of were this can go rong.

a friend of mine had stuf taken from his skip whoever took it dident want it all striped the bits they wanted and dumped the rest.

unfortuantly the item containd the address of my friend and he was dun for fly tipping.

so if you want stuf from skips and offer a recipt to transfer ownership /responsability. of said item.

if you took wood from a skip unnone to you coated in a dangros chemical and you burnt it and fumes killd someone

who is responsable?

sorry about thr thred drift.

tating from skips is a crime.

the person who has hired the skip is the owner and is responsible for the safe and legal desposal of the waste.

And remember, boys and girls, in these highly safety concious days, there are other risks we should be aware of.

Fortunately the owners of this skip have it covered, but you might chose ones where such risks have not been highlighted to you......

SkipPicture1.jpg

SkipPicture2.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

Nice of them to leave a step, to help you climb in, though.

Yes, although that seems to be lacking the warning that a small person could climb inside, the lid snap shut, and that they would then suffocate.

Everywhere I look there is just a total lack of concern for public safety.

You could of course just cook meal and eat it straight away.

did you miss the bit were i said slow cook?

a slow cooker needs energy all the time not much i know but by using a flask verry little heat is lost and the food continues to cook

a slow cooker is mostly replacing the heat it is loseing it is only maintainig a low temprature.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been informed by my boss at work that I can have as much wood as I need for my boat when I get it,as it costs the company almost 4000 pound a month for it to be removed from site,not sure what im gonna do with 30 tonnes of wood a year though :lol:

I have been informed by my boss at work that I can have as much wood as I need for my boat when I get it,as it costs the company almost 4000 pound a month for it to be removed from site,not sure what im gonna do with 30 tonnes of wood a year though :lol:

Burn it? :lol: