Ten Bob Note

Tescogran

Featured Posts

Well, what an unexpected reaction. Many thanks to all of you for your kind comments re my web site.

Why did I take it down?? Well, probably the main reason was the amount of time it required to update and maintain it. My only form of internet access is my mobile phone and on occasions, the link can be worse than useless.

Also, I did feel that I was ‘under scrutiny’ in everything I did, I started to feel a bit ‘uncomfortable’ with it all in recent months.

I never ever expected the blog to become as popular is it became. As Cotswoldman thought, started it initially so that friends and family could keep up with my adventures and whereabouts.

I'll have to remove the link to you from my site.

Have a great time, Ernie, and enjoy your privacy.

All the best,

Dominic

Well, what an unexpected reaction. Many thanks to all of you for your kind comments re my web site.

Why did I take it down?? Well, probably the main reason was the amount of time it required to update and maintain it. My only form of internet access is my mobile phone and on occasions, the link can be worse than useless.

Also, I did feel that I was ‘under scrutiny’ in everything I did, I started to feel a bit ‘uncomfortable’ with it all in recent months.

I never ever expected the blog to become as popular is it became. As Cotswoldman thought, started it initially so that friends and family could keep up with my adventures and whereabouts.

Ernie

We nearly got to meet up on our last outing in March, we ended up going to Milton Keynes when you had gone the opposite way!!

We are out again in August for a fortnight heading up towards the Ashby from Stockton top, if we happen to see you on our travels we will moor up & knock your cabin door, meanwhile enjoy your cruising & life with Archie.

Take care Ernie , love to Archie I miss him and his adventures and thanks for the offer of the loan of your trousers :lol:

Alex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bon voyage Ernie! You'll be missed by many and thanks for the blog, definitely one of the best ever.

If you get to see this Ernie, I just wanted you to know that I've followed your blogs for quite sometime and I have always been impressed with the photo's and the vast amount of useful information that you make available. I've emailed you on a couple of times and you have always been more than helpful. I will miss your blogs but wish you well as you travel around the country, hopefully in the not too distant future our paths will cross and it would be my pleasure to buy you a pint (or two!). Keep safe Ernie and a thousand best wishes

I have specifically registered to wish Earnie all the best, I run a small business in Cardiff and work extremely hard to keep going in these tough times. Just a quick visit, whatever the season to see the fantastic photographs of places close to home yet almost in another age really were special.

I now go geocaching thanks to you fella.

Best wishes and good luck, hope to join you one day on the network.

• 1 year later...

I have specifically registered to wish Earnie all the best, I run a small business in Cardiff and work extremely hard to keep going in these tough times. Just a quick visit, whatever the season to see the fantastic photographs of places close to home yet almost in another age really were special.

I now go geocaching thanks to you fella.

Best wishes and good luck, hope to join you one day on the network.

I signed up on geocaching as well, tonight, after seeing it in Ernies posts. Fantastic pics...I've been browsing the old archives..... THANKS ERNIE.:)