Outrageous new mooring fees

stripey

Featured Posts

When I had the boat on the canal, I paid £100 a year plus the BW mooring permit at £250 A YEAR!! Yes it was on line, and yes the only facilities were parking and water; but the owner lived on site and didn't miss anyone coming and going, plus we had one livaboard for extra security.

Apparently he still only charges about £200 a year for a narrow boat now (any length) and it's in a cracking spot with brilliant views out of the window from every mooring, about half way from each end of the Lancaster Canal.

They've recently built a couple of these silly money marinas on The Lancaster and they have about three or four boats each in them!! The 'normally' prices marinas are about double what I used to pay and offer full facilities, although have a short waiting list to get in.

As posted above, these marinas with telephone number prices obviously don't want boats to come in; and have been built for planning/other reasons.

Edited by GRPCruiserman

• 5 months later...

Still only two boats but I understand from the manager, who wasn't responsible for setting the fees, that they are now £1750 plus Vat for leisure and £2500 plus vat for residential. Staion with traind to Mamchester 100 yards. Tescos next door soon. Pub right next door.

It wouldnt be the first time that has happened ( Tipton springs to mind) and owners of exspensive new properties will not want their view of the tranquil water spoiled by nasty boats and smoking chimneys.

how long before the please dont moor opp this house signs appear