New washing machine installation

Mike

Featured Posts

If/when I manage to sort the electrics on my boat, I hope to fit a washing machine. I have a space and can run the water supplies to it.

My question is how do I get rid of the drain water from the machine? If I drill through the lining, insulation & hull side, what fitting do I need? Should it be a welded-in fitting?

Mike

Stargazer, K&A.

My question is how do I get rid of the drain water from the machine?

All washing machenes have there own pump. thats how they work (saves having a valve, etc)

- So as you say, you can just drill a hole though the hull (well above the water line) and drain it though that.

There are two ways of doing it, eather with a brass 'skin fitting' or with a lengh of pipe (or a thread elbow, or whatever) welded onto the hull.

- All our fittings, except the under water one are the brass type, which you can fitt yourself in a matter of minutes (access allowing) - Although i wounldnt be happy fitting one within about 6inches of the waterline (10inchs is recomened)

- Welded steel is less likly to get damages/knocked off, but does require you to have welding skills, or get it done for you.

Daniel

250315.jpg

This is the best photo i can find on the web.

- The sking fittings are the two things prittymuch in the middle.

Also, make sure the hole is largish, otherwise it will take it a while to get all the water out!

Daniel