Unusual boats.

david and julie

Featured Posts

I like it - infact I've always admired this boat - she used to be moored at Kensal Rise, now at Lisson Grove - very nice inside, I've peered through the window. She looks alot better in the flesh - I admit the photos of her outside make her look weird when she doesn't look odd IRL at all.

If the owners are reading this - they should consider taking better photos

Edited by Lady Muck

i think it looks interesting.

they must have had a stout heart and strong convivtion in their design when they painted it it!

its very striking and looks beautifully fitted out. makes a refreshing change to fat or narrow narrowboats and the ubiquitous dutch barge style boats

I like it - infact I've always admired this boat - she used to be moored at Kensal Rise, now at Lisson Grove - very nice inside, I've peered through the window. She looks alot better in the flesh - I admit the photos of her outside make her look weird when she doesn't look odd IRL at all.

If the owners are reading this - they should consider taking better photos

I do agree about the inside looking nice but personally find the outside too much - but then it wouldn't do for us all to be the same. :lol:

It looks like the dining table top closes off the round window, if that is the case, I think its quite a neat idea.

I do agree about the inside looking nice but personally find the outside too much - but then it wouldn't do for us all to be the same. :lol:

It looks like the dining table top closes off the round window, if that is the case, I think its quite a neat idea.

I thought it looked like it had a roller blind over the window!

It has to be said that this boat, (which I do recall seeing), isn't particularly unusual in appearance if you travel the lower reaches of the GU, the Paddington Arm, or the Lee.

We have witnessed a lot, some of which have several big windows cut into hull-sides virtually at water level.

However this one looks like you could theoretically cruise it, (although the engine hours might indicate otherwise!).

Many we have seen might be very practical houseboats, but in a lot of cases, that's all they can ever be.

i think it looks interesting.

they must have had a stout heart and strong convivtion in their design when they painted it it!

its very striking and looks beautifully fitted out. makes a refreshing change to fat or narrow narrowboats and the ubiquitous dutch barge style boats

More like Milk Stout and Strong Drugs!!

I like her , particularly the big window and that she looks a bit quirky and interesting. :lol:

I quite like it also. I can think of lots of motor cars that nobody liked at first but have now become commonplace. I think the paint job is a bit "stark" and emphasises the boat's oddities. A few "lines" could change the apperance considerably. The interior looks fantastic.

As a practical cruising boat, it looks a no-no; but if you wanted a home which you could occasionally take for a walk down to the junction and back, you could do much worse - though, as noted above, you would need to add the price of a few pots of paint to the total cost.

I see what you mean - the curves and the colours.

Mr. Huber, the advertiser, is evidently a man for whom English is not his first language, and his command of our tongue is admirable. Nonetheless there is a certain charm about some of his phrasing: "six or seven guests sitting comfortably on the table" evokes a cosy if chairless image, and the "hydraulic stirring" must save labour when preparing hot drinks for all those guests.

I could live on this boat, except that it does not come with a mooring. Why not? perhaps Mr. Huber is selling the boat to install a new one on the same mooring. If so, I wonder what the new one will look like?

The advert says that it is in London which, if we're being technical, is in Europe, but I suspect that Carl was referring to that minor part of the European continent which lies beyond Calais.