Que Sera Sera More Information

Featured Posts

"Police officer handling theft is on holiday for 2 weeks and no one else is helping them. Police have not even looked at cctv of hiresr arriving at base yet so information is very sketchy..."

Now there's a surprise. The Police showing their usual dynamism! The owners need to ask to speak to a senior officer and not stand for this - and preferably rapidly. Stewey

this is not the number mate its a 58/60ft narrowboat im just as we speak putting more info on proplr are asking for during a lesson at work

regards

daughter of the owner

For those asking for the index number, I have just searched on Jim Shead's site and come up with the following for "Que Sera Sera":

QUE SERA SERA Built by Nauticus in 1972 - Length 8.2 metres (26 feet 11 inches ) - Beam 2.1 metres (6 feet 11 inches ) a Petrol Inboard engine with a power of 35. Registered with EA Thames Region number 49186 as a Non Hire Annual. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.

QUE SERA SERA Built by BLACKCOUNTRY NARROWBOATS - Length 10.67 metres (35 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 20. Registered with British Waterways number 511578 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.

QUE SERA SERA Built by Birchwood Intercepte in 1975 - Length 6.71 metres (22 feet ) - Beam 2.51 metres (8 feet 3 inches ) hull colour CREAM superstructure colour CR/BEI a Diesel Inboard engine with a power of 46. Registered with EA Anglian Region number G15448 as a Motor boat. Last registration recorded on 02-Mar-06.

So there you go, 3 numbers to look for, not that difficult... :lol:

"Police officer handling theft is on holiday for 2 weeks and no one else is helping them. Police have not even looked at cctv of hiresr arriving at base yet so information is very sketchy..."

Now there's a surprise. The Police showing their usual dynamism! The owners need to ask to speak to a senior officer and not stand for this - and preferably rapidly. Stewey

They could try phoning 999 - the cops usually manage to get a helicopter up and a few armed response units out if they think there's the chance of a good chase which might make 'polcie, camera, action'. At 4mph they might even catch it - wonder how they deploy Stingers in the water?

Seriously, one copper handling the theft of a £50k boat and he's on holiday for two weeks - I'm sure The Sun or Daily Mail would love to hear that one!

Right,

I've posted an announcement at the top of all forums regarding this boat. I will try to keep it up to date as possible. The Police are unlikely to be able to do more until the boat is located, so lets keep eyes and ears open.

Tom/Carole,

Please could you supply the following information to assist us in locating this boat:

- The description of the hirers (this worked wonders last time, it's a way of firming up identification of the boat incase it has been changed or altered)

- The Police crime or incident number, and the force investigating its theft (therefore people who can't contact you can contact the Police directly).

If you would like me to put together a poster with pictures etc then please let me know.

Many thanks,

Jon Belcher

Site Host

hello all thank you so much as so many people have offered help to us.

i did put more details on last night about the boat so here are some more including the index number and description of the hirers that took the boat.

INDEX NUMBER IS 511284

IT WAS A FEMALE AND MALE THAT HIRED THE BOAT AND TOOK IT ON MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2009 FROM STREET HAY MARINA. my dad went with them to Fradley to show them the ropes as you say and make sure they are equiped and ready.

MALE - AGE LATE 20'S EARLY 30'S, AROUND 5FT 8IN goes by the name of Shaun (but this maybe false) Stocky build short mid brown hair - quite a good looking chap. last seen wearing a wolly beanie hat in a light beige colour, beige long sleeved wolly jumper and dark trousers, wearing trainers (only remember white) sorry no make.

WOMEN - AGE APPROX LATE 20'S NO OLDER-SMOKES ALOT - AROUND 5FT 5IN - slim dark shoulder lenth hair straight - distinctive mouth when she smiles shows all her gums. last seen wearing black trosers high heels shoes dark sleeveless top not dressed for boating AT ALL.

WHEN MY MOM AND DAD GOT TO FRADLEY THEY STAYED FOR A CUP OF TEA WHERE TWO ONLY MEN GOT ON THE BOAT AND THE HIRERS SAID IT WAS FRIENDS SHOWING THEM ROUND - WE HAVE HAD FURTHER INFORMATION TO SAY THEY LEFT WITH THEM - SO THREE MEN AND A WOMEN ON THE BOAT - BUT THE CAR AT THE MARINA WAS GONE TOO SO SOMEONE MUST BE OFF IT TO HAVE COLLECTED CAR BACK.

DESCRIPTION OF OTHER UNKNOWN TWO MEN ARE

BOTH MEN WERE ABOUT 5FT 10 IN MUSCULAR BUILD SHORT BROWN HAIR LAST SEEN WEARING JEANS AND TIGHT LIGHT COLURED T.SHIRTS THE KIND THAT SHOW MUSCLE (we were a distance from these so it was hard to id them)

please do let me know if you need anymore info im trying my best with work children looking for the boat and trying to get five minutes on here

regards

carole and tony

this is not the number mate its a 58/60ft narrowboat im just as we speak putting more info on proplr are asking for during a lesson at work

regards

daughter of the owner

say what ???

I'm beginning to feel I am in some foreign country trying to extract directions to the post office. The above posting just does not make any sense. So here's yelling at the ownder " WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DID THE HIRER'S LOOK LIKE" - supplying this information does not require an particular computer expertise, you have managed to put a lot of other info up here, so please just answer a straighforward question !!

Edited by kiki

Seriously, one copper handling the theft of a £50k boat and he's on holiday for two weeks - I'm sure The Sun or Daily Mail would love to hear that one!

They've probably heard it a million times and it's unlikely to be worth the print.

I'm not surprised there's no-one covering the chap's holiday, the police are stupidly overworked and understaffed, and if no-one's been killed they won't be throwing money at trying to staff it. It's not right but I don't believe it's entirely their fault either. (My Dad's a pig (his words not mine! :lol: ) and has told me all sorts of horror stories about staffing problems - including there being no-one at all manning the 999 phones at his headquarters for two hours on New Year's Eve a few years ago... he ended up doing it himself despite it not being his job and it being well after he was supposed to have finished his shift. Madness.)

Warwickshire police admitted they would only try to find the culprit who knocked Kev down in a hit and run two summers ago "if they had time". Why? Because it didn't kill him. :lol:

I just hope one of us can find the missing boat.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Well, the Correct number would be very useful, after all, if you can see a big plate with "A123456" in black & white, it really does help with searching, some thieves may not be bright enough to remove it (either from the hull or from a window), so there is still a chance that the boat can be positively identified, whether it's still on the same canal or craned out and taken elsewhere...

And as people keep saying, what do the thieves/hirers look like? White, asian, indian, black, overweight, thin, old, young etc, the more info supplied, the more chance the boat will be found... :lol:

check the other thread. They started a new post with all the info. Now merged into this one - Jon

Having just read this thread, this is either a hoax or there is more than meets the eye on this one.

eg:

1. Why would they not want to give the index number?

2. Why would they not want to give a description of the hirers?

3. Why have they not given details of the police force to which they reported the theft?

4. Why have they missed a weekend of opportunity, vis-a-vis forum members, claiming they don't know how to use a PC yet having posted some limited info.

5. Why does no boat matching its description with the name "Que Sara Sara" appear on Jim Schead's site of index numbers?

This will probably turn out to be family members taking the boat without Mum & Dad's permission.

Chris

Edited by chris w

I've been watching these threads and the info is a bit patchy to say the least.

This may help if it's the same boat which I think it is as some of the details match - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Easter-Special-Narro...A1%7C240%3A1318

If the owners are looking in could they confirm if this is indeed their boat.

If not I'll delete my post so as not to cause any (further) confusion.

edited to say there are 10 photos on this link.

GB

Edited by Greybeard

Having just read this thread, this is either a hoax or there is more than meets the eye on this one.

eg:

3. Why have they not given details of the police force to which they reported the theft?

4. Why have they missed a weekend of opportunity, vis-a-vis forum members, claiming they don't know how to use a PC yet having posted some limited info.

5. Why does no boat matching its description with the name "Que Sara Sara" appear on Jim Schead's site of index numbers?

This will probably turn out to be family members taking the boat without Mum & Dad's permission.

Chris

Well, they have provided the info now:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20817

As for why they didn't do it in the first place, it was probably just down to being distraught, panic, worry etc, nobody acts in a logical manner when such a thing happens... :lol:

They have now (another thread).

Although I don't think they have said this, it appears to have had a name swap at some stage, based on the BW number given....

BLUE MOON Built by LIVERPOOL BOATS - Length 17.69 metres (58 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 35. Registered with British Waterways number 511284 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.

Note however we now have at least 3 versions of the length...

55 feet - Original posting

60 feet - Owner

58 feet - Apparent match on Jim Shead

Edited by alan_fincher

Chris

Neither of my boats are on Jim Sheads list either, but I can assure you that they DO exist!

You'll have to read all the threads they have started to get the full story, unless or untill the mods can merge them.

Anyway, now that the owners have supplied some info that we can get our teeth into, then "the game's afoot".

hello all thank you so much as so many people have offered help to us.

i did put more details on last night about the boat so here are some more including the index number and description of the hirers that took the boat.

INDEX NUMBER IS 511284

IT WAS A FEMALE AND MALE THAT HIRED THE BOAT AND TOOK IT ON MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2009 FROM STREET HAY MARINA. my dad went with them to Fradley to show them the ropes as you say and make sure they are equiped and ready.

MALE - AGE LATE 20'S EARLY 30'S, AROUND 5FT 8IN goes by the name of Shaun (but this maybe false) Stocky build short mid brown hair - quite a good looking chap. last seen wearing a wolly beanie hat in a light beige colour, beige long sleeved wolly jumper and dark trousers, wearing trainers (only remember white) sorry no make.

WOMEN - AGE APPROX LATE 20'S NO OLDER-SMOKES ALOT - AROUND 5FT 5IN - slim dark shoulder lenth hair straight - distinctive mouth when she smiles shows all her gums. last seen wearing black trosers high heels shoes dark sleeveless top not dressed for boating AT ALL.

WHEN MY MOM AND DAD GOT TO FRADLEY THEY STAYED FOR A CUP OF TEA WHERE TWO ONLY MEN GOT ON THE BOAT AND THE HIRERS SAID IT WAS FRIENDS SHOWING THEM ROUND - WE HAVE HAD FURTHER INFORMATION TO SAY THEY LEFT WITH THEM - SO THREE MEN AND A WOMEN ON THE BOAT - BUT THE CAR AT THE MARINA WAS GONE TOO SO SOMEONE MUST BE OFF IT TO HAVE COLLECTED CAR BACK.

DESCRIPTION OF OTHER UNKNOWN TWO MEN ARE

BOTH MEN WERE ABOUT 5FT 10 IN MUSCULAR BUILD SHORT BROWN HAIR LAST SEEN WEARING JEANS AND TIGHT LIGHT COLURED T.SHIRTS THE KIND THAT SHOW MUSCLE (we were a distance from these so it was hard to id them)

please do let me know if you need anymore info im trying my best with work children looking for the boat and trying to get five minutes on here

regards

carole and tony

To me this seems like a planned theft. This boat could have been craned out and on the back of a lorry to anywhere by now, or propelled with haste and be miles away. It might be worth asking if people have seen any activity like lorry and cranage being undertaken within a 20 mile stretch. If this was a planned theft, they would have had the boat out the water and away asap IMO but would have needed somewhere where this could be undertaken. They would have to have given details if utilising a marina, so enquiring at marinas if they've had any cranage operations since the date the boat was hired there could be a clue there.

Easy scam if you think about it.

eg:

Chris

While I can understand why some people have been suspicious, I think the benefit of the doubt should be given. We now have most information we have asked for, and it will be up to the Police to get involved if anything is not right. In the mean time, lets concentrate on trying to find the boat (the best way that we can help).

I've been watching these threads and the info is a bit patchy to say the least.

This may help if it's the same boat which I think it is as some of the details match - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Easter-Special-Narro...A1%7C240%3A1318

If the owners are looking in could they confirm if this is indeed their boat.

If not I'll delete my post so as not to cause any (further) confusion.

edited to say there are 10 photos on this link.

GB

Yep, must be the same boat, and I've added the new photographs to the announcement.

I've merged the new topic and the existing one together. It will be much easier to have all the incidents in the same place so please keep posting here.

Tom/Carole, the only information we need now is a Police incident number please.

Many thanks,

Jon

Maybe there are no boats called Que Sera Sera on Jim Shead's page but there are two with number 511284:

BLUE MOON Built by LIVERPOOL BOATS - Length 17.69 metres (58 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 35. Registered with British Waterways number 511284 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.

VICKY - Length 18.28 metres (60 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 35. Registered with British Waterways number 511284 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-05.

Does this mean that Vicky grew two feet and changed name to Blue Moon after 19-Apr-05, then changed again to Que Sera Sera more recently? Or can there be more than one 511284 out there?

Perhaps the curse of the name change has struck again. Anyway, best to check that any 511284 we find is the correct one before getting the hpless occupants carted off to the clink.

Ashley

To me this seems like a planned theft. This boat could have been craned out and on the back of a lorry to anywhere by now, or propelled with haste and be miles away. It might be worth asking if people have seen any activity like lorry and cranage being undertaken within a 20 mile stretch. If this was a planned theft, they would have had the boat out the water and away asap IMO but would have needed somewhere where this could be undertaken. They would have to have given details if utilising a marina, so enquiring at marinas if they've had any cranage operations since the date the boat was hired there could be a clue there.

Easy scam if you think about it.

It seems highly illogical however to have first gone for a nice little cruise up the Ashby before returning to Marston Junction and continuing their journey south

It seems highly illogical however to have first gone for a nice little cruise up the Ashby before returning to Marston Junction and continuing their journey south

Wouldn'tbe the first time someone's picked up a hire boat and set off in the opposite direction, to the one intended. :lol:

I do seem to have missed some information what with the 2 threads running. I still think it odd though. Would be interesting to know though weather these people paid in cash? any ID taken? how much deposit etc.

I do seem to have missed some information what with the 2 threads running. I still think it odd though. Would be interesting to know though weather these people paid in cash? any ID taken? how much deposit etc.

For anyone else who missed the report from the owners at lunchtime today: "Last sighted near junction with ashby heading towards coventry at around one thirty yesterday. At 9 am yesterday was at shackerstone"

please do not be so rude - why cant you understand the descriptions? it is straight forward

MAN -

WOMEN -

THEN OTHER TWO MEN SEEN GETTING ON IT

so it could be anyone of those four on it or in someone elses hands by now

say what ???

I'm beginning to feel I am in some foreign country trying to extract directions to the post office. The above posting just does not make any sense. So here's yelling at the ownder " WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DID THE HIRER'S LOOK LIKE" - supplying this information does not require an particular computer expertise, you have managed to put a lot of other info up here, so please just answer a straighforward question !!