Castlemill developers gone bust.

grahoom

Featured Posts

Castlemore have quite a web of companies and it isn't clear which has gone bust here. They also own through their subsidiary Castle Marinas - Wigrams Turn and Ventnor Farm marinas (amongst others.)

The marinas showed a loss of £675K on their last accounts but the Directors still managed to pay themselves £120K.

Paul H

I just posted about this on the other thread!

Interesting innit!!!!

ah I missed the other thread! very interesting!

Castlemore have quite a web of companies and it isn't clear which has gone bust here. They also own through their subsidiary Castle Marinas - Wigrams Turn and Ventnor Farm marinas (amongst others.)

The marinas showed a loss of £675K on their last accounts but the Directors still managed to pay themselves £120K.

Paul H

http://announce.ft.com/index.aspx?a=719597

That rumour has been around for quite while but still welcome news. Nice picture of St. Barnabus Church where my Great Grandfather was baptised (pity they didn't get the distinctive tower in the photo). His father was a blacksmith and lived in a tenament block almost next door to the Boatyard. Although I cannot actually proove it (yet), I believe that he worked for the Oxford Canal Company, and may well have made some of those lovely "Oxford gates" that are still to be found along the towpath of the Southern Oxford.

Edited by David Schweizer

My old squatting nerve's twitching... I wonder whether, if anyone took the fence down, obviously without damage, anyone could be bothered to take eviction proceedings considering the owner is now insolvent.

There was a conversation about adverse possession elsewhere on the forum wasn't there...

Ha ha so the filthy profiteers have gone out of business?? I'm falling about laughing.

All that trouble BW created for nothing. Now's the time to reclaim Castlemill for boaters.

Weren't the filthy profiteers BW?

I thought the development company paid BW £4 million for the site which they haven't been able to develop, and this can't have helped their business. The receiver is supposed to get the best price for creditors but in practice often just goes for the easiest sale. However I still can't see it being cheap. Maybe Oxford City Council could acquire it and create a mix of boatyard and affordable housing?

Paul H

Paul H

It would appear that Castle Marinas Ltd changed their registered address a couple of days ago from:

CASTLE MARINAS LIMITED

Cedar Court 221 Hagley Road

Hayley Green

HALESOWEN

B63 1ED

To:

PARMENTER HOUSE 57 TOWER STREET

WINCHESTER

HAMPSHIRE SO23 8TD

SO23 8TD

A bit of "re-structuring" going on?

Paul H

Paul, you're comparing apples with pears there, two entirely different companies. Suggest you acknowledge that in your post above just to be on the safe side.

It was Spring Residential that purchased the site and Castlemore is/was a part of that company. But they're nothing to do with the marinas you mention.

Another interesting twist to a story that goes on and on. The comment about seeking the cheapest price in fire sale of the company's assets appears pretty accurate to me.

Best wishes to all, Eugene

Paul, you're comparing apples with pears there, two entirely different companies. Suggest you acknowledge that in your post above just to be on the safe side.

It was Spring Residential that purchased the site and Castlemore is/was a part of that company. But they're nothing to do with the marinas you mention.

Another interesting twist to a story that goes on and on. The comment about seeking the cheapest price in fire sale of the company's assets appears pretty accurate to me.

Best wishes to all, Eugene

Hello Eugene nice to hear from you.

Sue

Hello Eugene nice to hear from you.

Sue

Hi Eugene

I'd be interested to know exactly what I've got wrong here.

Castle Marinas Ltd's Annual Return states that 75% of the shares are held by Castlemore Securities.

Castle Marina's own website says they own/operate Ventnor Farm and Wigrams Turn amongst others.

Mr John Grahame Whateley is a Director of Castle Marinas and of the various Spring/Castlemore companies now or likely to go int receivership.

And above all they told me a year or so back that they were part of the Castlemore Group.

But I'm not suggesting that the marina company is in any way affected by the present liquidations. They seem to have had the sense to separate it out.

Paul H

Edited by Paul H

It would appear that Castle Marinas Ltd changed their registered address a couple of days ago from:

CASTLE MARINAS LIMITED

Cedar Court 221 Hagley Road

Hayley Green

HALESOWEN

B63 1ED

To:

PARMENTER HOUSE 57 TOWER STREET

WINCHESTER

HAMPSHIRE SO23 8TD

SO23 8TD

A bit of "re-structuring" going on?

Possibly a bit more serious than that. Parmenter House is the address of Insolvency Accountants, which suggests that the company mentioned may be in Administration.

Google the address if you want confirmation.

My old squatting nerve's twitching... I wonder whether, if anyone took the fence down, obviously without damage, anyone could be bothered to take eviction proceedings considering the owner is now insolvent.

There was a conversation about adverse possession elsewhere on the forum wasn't there...

The only squatters trying to make a claim was Spring/ castlewhatever, the rest of us have the rights of use in a can of worms style.

The apples and pairs are an invention of BWB who rented it out before selling, their tenants gated it; but for no way near 12 years or even thirty, so they never got any squatters rights. Basicly they tried to engineer a form of robbery. Not just from us but also the MOD!