Mooring in Stoke

Speedwell

Featured Posts

We expect to overnight in Stoke, on our way to the Caldon. Previously we have moored at Westport Lake Park and near the "China Garden" pub but this was a few years ago. Are these places still OK or are there any better places now ?

Arthur

I've never had any problem mooring at the China Garden, and it's really handy for the supermarket and retail park although it is a bit of a hike with shopping but taxis are easily available.

There is also a swimming pool complex and cinema nearby.

Also good value for money with the China garden carvery.

Colin

Thanks to you both for that info

Arthur

25596[/snapback]

Hello Arther,

Moored at Westport Lake last Wednesday night, and I consider it a very fine mooring. Cracking place for a bbq with a view. The pack horse Inn great for food. Lamb shank £6.50 !

Do you know anything about the Froghall Festival next Saturday (23rd) ?

Brian La Peniche 11

Thanks for the info Brian

The following snippet was taken from Waterscape.com and the link should take you there, if I have done it right.

The ‘Destination Froghall’ ceremony will take place on Saturday 23 July and will include the unveiling of a lock side plaque, in recognition of the work undertaken by the project partners, and the cutting of a ceremonial ribbon by MP Charlotte Atkins to officially reopen the basin.

www.waterscape.com/Caldon_Canal/introduction/news/nid557;

Thanks for the info Brian

The following snippet was taken from Waterscape.com and the link should take you there, if I have done it right.

The ‘Destination Froghall’ ceremony will take place on Saturday 23 July and will include the unveiling of a lock side plaque, in recognition of the work undertaken by the project partners, and the cutting of a ceremonial ribbon by MP Charlotte Atkins to officially reopen the basin.

www.waterscape.com/Caldon_Canal/introduction/news/nid557;

25692[/snapback]

Thank you Speedwell, may well call in on Saturday.