Narrowboat Tug HARRY

doomed1

Featured Posts

This, presumably, is one of Barrie Morse's last boats, as he packed up in 1995.

I may be wrong but the only "Harry" I recall (broken up at Runcorn in the late 90's) had a National?

Bert, the last surviving Tooley Brother died in (iirc) 1983ish and they only built wooden boats.

Nice looking boat, though.

I can't see why it's not a (rusty) stove flue.

You can't see the bottom of it in any of the pictures I'm looking at.

VC's site lists it as "an enthusiast's boat", which can have many meanings, one of which is "needs a lot of enthusiasm to sort it out!".

Carl, apparently it has the old Harry's JP3, which is why this one is called Harry.

I saw it yesterday when it came on the duck, if I was looking at a project boat I would look at this one, assuming the hull condition is ok, the price is right at £35k to £40k for 60ft ft tug with vintage engine, I would have spent £10k on it for part refit and external repaint to make it into a vey nice boat

It should be then worth in my opinion about £55k

charles

Harry has been moored just down the cut from me for a while, IMO it's a nice looking boat but no doubt in need of TLC as it just gets dumped for weeks and weeks without being moved I would imagine BW Patrols would be glad if somebody took it over who played by the rules.

Might be tempted if I had the money, cos I'd quite like a more traditional looking boat

Paul

Denboy :lol:

I have enquired about the boat, spoken to John Currer and have seen more pictures of the boat... I've also set up a viewing for the boat this Saturday but after being realistic I need to have a think tonight about whether I want to take on a project like this because it does need a bit of work...

Denboy :lol:

I have enquired about the boat, spoken to John Currer and have seen more pictures of the boat... I've also set up a viewing for the boat this Saturday but after being realistic I need to have a think tonight about whether I want to take on a project like this because it does need a bit of work...

but but but but its got your engine200.gif

I saw it yesterday when it came on the duck, if I was looking at a project boat I would look at this one, assuming the hull condition is ok, the price is right at £35k to £40k for 60ft ft tug with vintage engine, I would have spent £10k on it for part refit and external repaint to make it into a vey nice boat

It should be then worth in my opinion about £55k

charles

Ah, the armchair valuer who knows how to value a boat without ever going to visit them. His inexperience coupled with his ineptitude makes his advice invaluable.

Ah, the armchair valuer who knows how to value a boat without ever going to visit them. His inexperience coupled with his ineptitude makes his advice invaluable.

You don't know anything about my experience. Everyone is entitled to give an opinion, and I qualified what I said by saying it was an opinion. I don't think I will be far wrong in that. The original poster asked for comments I gave them on that topic, Your post has nothing to do with the topic. Why make such unhelpful comments? I can see you have made 4 posts to the board, I hope the other 3 are up to quality of your 4th

Welcome to the board by the way

Charles

If somebody asks for opinions, on an open forum, then all opinions are valid. If they want a professional valuation then they need to go and pay for one.

There are some people, who wouldn't dream of owning a narrowboat, who would say "I wouldn't give tuppence for it." and that is just as valid as Charles' opinion, or yours, for that matter.

Personally I think, looking at the advert the price looks about right and, if a few grand was spent on her, she'd make a fine looking tug-style that would have cost much more, if she came out of the brokers, all work done.

Just my opinion, of course, and, as I'm not in the market for a tug, I won't be visiting her.

Excuse me mr Wonderwall But i was asking for opinions,Just trying to gauge what other folk think.Good & bad.I was hoping for an opinion from Domonic.He seems to have sold some nice tugs in the past.

thanks.

Excuse me mr Wonderwall But i was asking for opinions,Just trying to gauge what other folk think.Good & bad.I was hoping for an opinion from Domonic.He seems to have sold some nice tugs in the past.

thanks.

Just to point out a small error...it's an "e", after the "d" :lol:

Edited by carlt