spiders

arwen

Featured Posts

:lol:

have been overrun with them this year does anyone know of an electrical zapper that works or any other reppelant

"No more spiders"- trigger spray, it's a repellant, not a killer. Seems to smell mainly of cloves, so you might try rubbing some in your affected areas, so to speak. Appears to work on Irish spiders, but on English ones...?

I used this method.

Capture them in hand, and then throw them onto the bank.... seemed to work. Otherwise, I found them quite useful in capturing flies / mosquitoes and the likes as the spiders tended to keep themselves to themselves and build their webs across open windows. They didn't overly mind if I destroyed their webs, although I have a sneaky suspicion that if they were bigger than me then this wouldn't have been the case.

shelob2small.jpg

:lol:

"No more spiders"- trigger spray, it's a repellant, not a killer. Seems to smell mainly of cloves, so you might try rubbing some in your affected areas, so to speak. Appears to work on Irish spiders, but on English ones...?

It's eucalyptus oil ~ spiders hate the smell/taste. You could try rubbing a small amount around window frames etc.

My kids have got to the point they give them names and have them as pets. I do try and clear them but there is one who lives on a web next to my back chimney who I took off and put in the grass ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TOW PATH and guess what.. HE'S BACK! So I've named him cheeky.

Oh good grief, now I realise my kids are just copying me.

It's eucalyptus oil ~ spiders hate the smell/taste. You could try rubbing a small amount around window frames etc.

Cats hate it too so don't do it if you have a feline friend! And only do it if you're happy for your boat to smell like Vaporub... or a koala's a*se.

Oh! Thanks for these. We had been taking spiders out and putting them on the bank but either they find there way back or they have been breeding. I don't mind having a few on the boat but its a different matter when I keep finding them behind the curtain by where my head goes on the bed and spend the few minutes before I go to sleep watching a couple of them running over the roof above my head *shudder* :lol:

Might also be worth checking what sort of *junk* is stored on the roof. Planters, firewood, pushbikes etc, all seen as des res by your boatwise spider. From the roof stuff it's just a short abseil down a roof vent...

these look interesting

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/spider-catcher/F/product/20455

or just squash them?

I usually catch them and deposit them in a tree/bush. Just have a cap from an aerosol spray can to cover the beast then slide a thin piece of card under to hold it in there!

Incidently my Mother used to have a saying;- If you want to live and thrive, let the spider run alive!

So squashing is out of the question. :lol:

I suppose if these don't work you could always put them in a sock and use them to mug the spider.

Spiders, mice, rats and cockroaches - but they don't affect cats & dogs - I wonder if they'll work on BSPs pinchybobs?

But will they work with a modified sign wave inverter?

On the Southern Grand Union this summer, my partner, who is scared of spiders said there was a big spider on the back deck...by the time I looked it had gone ..and I told her that they don't harm you and to calm down....later in the day i nearly had a heart attack ....the BIGGEST spider I've ever seen appeared ...it looked the size of my hand..it was massive....I somehow managed to persuade it onto the towpath ....my partner saying "I told you it was big ....and I knew you didn't believe me"....Just wonder if this is a sign of things to come?

have been overrun with them this year does anyone know of an electrical zapper that works or any other reppelant

if you collect a handfull of conkers (horse chestnuts) and put them in all parts of your boat just 2 or 3 in all rooms that will do it :lol: