liverpool boats

nick the boats

Featured Posts

Yes i am buying a boat, why should I be heading to their yard?

because you're worried about your money? - have you paid them already for a boat? or are you considering using them to build a boat?

if you use the search at top right - you might find some threads re:liverpool boats.

I don't want to give you false hope as yes i would also go down there, but I remember this time of year we were waiting for delviery of Twakkie from LP - they were very bad at answering the phone, we struggled for days, and then were told that they were very busy with everyone in the yard as they were getting a boat ready for the boat show, I see Crick is around the corner, there could be an innocent explaination as to why no one is answering the phone, best if you are worried is to go down there though.

I dont know what is happening with LB but i do know some friends who had ordered from them last year paying 500 pound deposit and there boat was to be the show boat at crick, they have since told me that they have lost there deposit and LB are not attending crick this year. Sorry i can't be more help but this is all i know.

I dont know what is happening with LB but i do know some friends who had ordered from them last year paying 500 pound deposit and there boat was to be the show boat at crick, they have since told me that they have lost there deposit and LB are not attending crick this year. Sorry i can't be more help but this is all i know.

Well if they have lost their deposit then that pretty much indicates to me that LB have gone tits up.

I thought LB went under the name of The New Boat Company now??

I think LB supplied shells for The NBC

There was some rumours about LB several weeks ago here. Some said they were downsizing, in business circles this has another interpretation, trouble!

Thread here

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...t=0&start=0

Edited by Julynian

I think LB supplied shells for The NBC

There was some rumours about LB several weeks ago here. Some said they were downsizing, in business circles this has another interpretation, trouble!

Thread here

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...t=0&start=0

When we went up to NBC they claimed they had their boats made in Poland - weren't too impressed as they seemed fairly inflexible to what they were prepared to produce, so didn't go with them ( NBC )

Nick

When we went up to NBC they claimed they had their boats made in Poland - weren't too impressed as they seemed fairly inflexible to what they were prepared to produce, so didn't go with them ( NBC )

Nick

We also looked at getting a widebeam from NBC, they said nothing about LB and lots about Poland but when we looked closely at one of their affordable sailaways we noticed a Liverpool Boats panel, then noticed the square stern and spoke to a surveyor who confirmed they get their affordable boats from Liverpool - we were so unimpressed with the way NBC covered this up we went elsewhere- Cheshire narrowboats.

I believe that New Boat Company ended their relationship with Liverpool Boats a few months ago, and the only boats that are now sold by NBC are those made in Poland. There is no reference on the NBC website to their Boston/Kingfisher/Manhattan etc. range, which confirms the ending of this range of boats being sold by NBC.

I regularly go past the LBC premises, and the whole place has changed from being a hive of activity just six months ago (they seemed to employ 30 or 40 staff at least), to there being very few people around, doors closed and just one or two shells visible as being in the build stage. They have no presence at Crick, and my guess is that they will probably meet their current build commitments and close things down for good. If their large premises are no longer being used ... and their widebeam building area has had the doors shut for a few weeks now ... how can they remain viable? Just MHO.

Ben

Well, don't want to say "I told you so" but I warned that LB were having problems over a year ago. I was shot down at the time. but since then I've also posted about their "down-sizing".

I understand that the current owners have had a good offer on some of their property and are taking the money and quitting the boat building business. Losing the New Boat Company business obviously had an impact. I don't think it is their intention to collapse the business and take punter's money, but I would still be very wary. If you have given them money, and not received your goods, I think it is time to pay them a visit.

Liverpool Narrowboats (as opposed to Liverpool Boats) is however still functioning I believe. There is a family connection, so there may be a bit of ducking and diving going on. But they are separate businesses despite many people thinking they are the same thing.

I haven't heard that LBC have gone by the wayside, but there is a big correction in the new canal boat building market at the moment. I understand that Sea Otter are the latest.

Is Crick going to be a wake?

Dominic

No maybe just the crest of the wave! :wub: