Newletter - Winter 07

Jon

Featured Posts

All,

Firstly, I start this letter with an apology. The last few months for me have been hectic to say the least and unfortunately this has meant the site had to sit on the back burner for a while. I have made a 'return' this week and hope have the time and ability to put in a more concerted effort. I would like to thank all of the site crew for their help in keeping the site running, it couldn't have been done without you guys.

Next month I will be reinstating the Photo of the Month competition. As an extra twist, I would like for the winner of each month (subject to consent) to be used in some promotional materials througout the year. You can enter this months via the above link to the gallery, and I will shortly be posting a thread in the suggestions forum about the competition, so watch this space.

Unfortunately there have been some issues of late reference duplicate identities and some very antisocial behaviour directed towards other members on the site. I state very clearly that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated and the site crew are enforcing the '3 Strikes' policy as outlined in the forum rules and guidelines. In reference to duplicate identities, I will be changing the forum rules and guidelines to place a ban on duplicate accounts unless in the following circumstances:

- The duplicate identity is considered to be a necessity for the site (ie back up admin accounts)

- The duplicate identity is considered to be a positive influence on the site, and confined to the Virtual Pub area (ie characters such a TGI & Nobber)

- In any case, the duplicate identity is approved by a member of the site crew and documented as such.

Any unauthorised duplicate identities discovered will be instantly suspended. If you currently operate a existing duplicate identity, please contact me and I will record it as such.

It is not our intention to take the fun out of the forum, but the recent spate of problems have created hours of work for us and caused more people to complain.

Finally, I would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a great new year!

All the best,

Jon