Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

I thought i would start up a thread of photos of members boats.

- Each member who wants to cen post one or two 'mug-shots' of there boat, for general interest, and to build up a bit of a reference.

- Please avoid hugly excessive file sizes where possable and be aware that post without images maybe removed from the thread for neatness.

Of cause i invite people to make comments/enquirys about peoples bots posted on here, but if they could be via pm or in a separate threads (or breifly, within your only post of your boat) that would be excellent!

Image sizes of around 640*480 pixels and around 150kb are ideal, and can be uploaded easly using ImageShack.

I think most people have seen a few photos of emilyanne in there time, but to kick it off.

Also see the sister thread "Photos of other members boats, spotting other cwf boats."

emilyanneontheerewashsbyi7.jpg emilyanneattarletonsummxf5.jpg

Daniel

I thought Dan's idea was to have a thread where you could put a couple of pics of your boat on, which could be seen in the same topic.

wudnewpaint07three.jpg

kyme07eight.jpg

blfloodwudlarge2.jpg

Brilliant innit...Dan comes up with a great idea, a thread where you can look at a picture of peoples boats so you can put 'names to faces' so to speak ......... and what happens.

Maybe you'd better put a line in the top Dan.......any posts WITHOUT a picture of the owners boat will be deleted.

Only prob with this is you have to sign up for an account somewhere else and post yr pics there first.

I made this little uploader, I'll host them for free for anyone who'd like. They key is 'mrotter' but I'm not even checking it (lazy programmer). Upload a file then copy the link it gives you.

Of course after I did that I realised you could just upload your images to the gallery then copy the image url by right clicking on it (said I was lazy, I sad nothing about being clever). That's how I got this image from CarlIts pics of a boat I wish were mine.

gallery_1356_94_21137.jpg

Edited by Jason Wilson and Family

Here's some of Rallentando:-Just launched March 2005

dscf0144vf5.jpg

dscf0145tp0.jpg

spot of gardening on the Oxford July 2006

dscf0038ia8.jpg

and just being slipped back in after bottom blacking this March 2007

dscf0974hn2.jpg

Edited by Bullfrog

Well Jason (and his family) has already posted a piccy of my lifeboat, so I'll show you her bum:

MR81avF8jIUnn4FrKKC-BGti88Z7RV5t0300.jpg

Edited to say: Anyone want any part worns? The tyres have got to go.

Great looking boat Carl, are your days on the canals about to come to an end? Got a sneaky feeling I wont still be on them next year. Its definately becoming a hobby for the rich or cheaper housing solutions for many more.

Are we heading for canals without hobbyists?

I thought i would start up a thread of photos of members boats.

- Each member who wants to cen post one or two 'mug-shots' of there boat, for general interest, and to build up a bit of a reference.

- Please avoid hugly excessive file sizes where possable and be aware that post without images maybe removed from the thread for neatness.

Image sizes of around 640*480 pixels and around 150kb are ideal, and can be uploaded easly using ImageShack.

I think most people have seen a few photos of emilyanne in there time, but to kick it off.

Also see the sister thread "Photos of other members boats, spotting other cwf boats."

Daniel

I wonder if I might be allowed to take this topic in a slightly different direction.

I have been asked at short notice if I would give a talk on canals and all that happens there. If I do it, the talk it would be illustrated with photos using power point. The problem is I have few photos of life on the cut, each time I see something that inspires me I dont have the camera to hand or the batteries are flat. I would like to deal with the history of the system showing development. I would like to have access to photos of the old working boats, horse drawn and later engine powered. I would like to show the development of the different styles of boats from the past to what is around today. I would like to show the different types of locks and their paddle gear.

On this subject, the other day on the Bridgewater, I came across a boat that had once been an ice breaker that had been built in 1902, making her 105 years old and still being used. This time I did get a picture, so now I have to find a way of getting it from camera to my new computer.

So can anyone help with photos I could use, or can you point me in the direction of such material. I did of course see Emily Anne last Sunday and we exchanged a few polite words.

David.

PS Maybe you would like to email me direct instead of posting contributions on the Forum the choice is yours.

I wonder if...

Yes well that sounds very much fair enough.

- Although could i suggest that you make a separate thread, simply because i would like to keep this as clear as possible just having a post per member with associated photo(s).

- Of cause your welcome also to check this thread for potential material, and then approach people for permission to use there photos via PM email also.

***LINK TO OTHER THREAD***

Thanks, Daniel.

Hi, pictures of my boat. It's a 43' Liverpool Boats Pacific 1 shell, fitted out by Liverpool (An off the peg boat) First picture is outside Sooty's House at Lymm, on the Bridgewater.

image15cy6.jpg

image16yg7.jpg

I hope this image thingy works.