Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not much of one for proper photos (plus its a bit hard to take them on your own - I have loads looking down the length of the boat though) but I am in the far background of the 18th November 2012 14:00....

...but I can't get it to paste in here.

That was rubbish wasn't it.

I'm not much of one for proper photos (plus its a bit hard to take them on your own - I have loads looking down the length of the boat though) but I am in the far background of the 18th November 2012 14:00....

...but I can't get it to paste in here.

That was rubbish wasn't it.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will it have portholes or windows boatymum? Who built it?

Hello, yes it should have had some portholes but it was a choice between the paint job or any windows and the paint job won because the primer would have soaked up too much moisture over the winter without some covering. It is just a holding coat to tide it over the winter really. Now any kind of windows will have to wait because the budget wasn't huge and there is trouble with the prop that needs sorting first. We only just about had enough to build it and get it delivered and that has blown us out for a bit. It will be put together on a shoestring and be of mainly recycled and green things where possible and practical. ABC built it and we are very, very pleased with them. Wonderful people and wonderful work made to my brothers drawings. At the moment it just contains ballast which is waste granite offcuts. Waxoyl went down first then pitch paper then the granite. Well at least I think it did because my brother did it.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your boat project.

Thank you and hello.

The boat behind is just stunning. It belongs to the boatyard man so it is immaculate. Another opposite. I think they are Pacific and Atlantic. My link

DSC01508.jpg

image hosting sites

It's a half work type bow for space to make things outside. Brothers brief was to remove all the things that always irritate him about boats. Wider doors than normal although they were still smaller than he thought. The boatbuilders didn't want to compromise the strength, especially with the longer bow. It is 10mm steel at the front. Another part is there is never anything to tie things to along the sides, so tie thingies added all along. I expect they have a proper boat name.

Edited by boatymum

Hello, yes it should have had some portholes but it was a choice between the paint job or any windows and the paint job won because the primer would have soaked up too much moisture over the winter without some covering. It is just a holding coat to tide it over the winter really.

Good call.

We had our boat built by a reputable boatbuilder whom I've got loads of respect for. But, for some unknown reason, he only primes the bare shell prior to the boat being transferred from the workshop into his basin where it gets fitted out. This process, depending upon how busy he is, can take up to 10 months or more. By this time, surface rust manifests itself only to require sanding down prior to final painting.

By using what you describe as a holding coat to seal the steel hull from the elements, it negates the need for all of that prep work and sanding that must be cost prohibitive in terms of labour time. Your decision to opt for the paint job was sensible and will pay dividends in the future. We quite often see boaters in your position who invest in a sailaway hull but either don't have the immediate funds for the paint job, or, choose other features instead. The hull eventually falls victim to the weather and not only looks terrible but will no doubt take a lot of hard work to prepare it for paint.

Common sense, a rare commodity these days. Be thankful you possess it. :)

P.S. Whilst being pestered by our pet Labrador for his breakfast, I've just viewed your link about the tug boat Bittell. What a wonderful illustration of her history and all of the characters involved with restoring this historic boat. Cheers.

Edited by Doorman

All the inside fun to come. We do have an uncommon advantage in that we can easily have stone cut to any shape by OH so waiting for some interesting thoughts on that. Not ready for inside layout yet. Brothers brief is that he hates bumping into things, so open plan on the cards. First plan is a stove but I'd better not hijack this thread on natter with that. Will start anew or find a thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having had lots of great advice on here- only fair I add pics.

Named 'Ellie Jo', moored just outside of Marlow -owned by myself- Chris (user name give away!!).

Is a collingwood 57 which is a 52 x 10. Built June 2011 and sat on blocks most of its life by the hamble.

Had to tank finance to buy it- only 29, but she's my home and love it!

Most of these pictures are the day it arrived, hence no pictures in the frames etc.

Has changed lots now- esp that there is a 300 litre paladarium currently being built inside!

photo32_zpsa4b7a41e.jpg

photo2_zps30a8e428.jpg

photo12_zpsefeee193.jpg

photo1_zps81e2cadb.jpg

photo5_zpsd23923a1.jpg

photo4_zps9613b4aa.jpg

Having had lots of great advice on here- only fair I add pics.

Named 'Ellie Jo', moored just outside of Marlow -owned by myself- Chris (user name give away!!).

Is a collingwood 57 which is a 52 x 10. Built June 2011 and sat on blocks most of its life by the hamble.

Had to tank finance to buy it- only 29, but she's my home and love it!

Most of these pictures are the day it arrived, hence no pictures in the frames etc.

Has changed lots now- esp that there is a 300 litre paladarium currently being built inside!

photo32_zpsa4b7a41e.jpg

photo2_zps30a8e428.jpg

photo12_zpsefeee193.jpg

photo1_zps81e2cadb.jpg

photo5_zpsd23923a1.jpg

photo4_zps9613b4aa.jpg

Lovely pictures, lovely boat.