Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, bargemast said:

Just discovered that I wrote "Linnet" which I copied from the text you wrote above the photo, while her name is "Linnit", I didn't look at the name that's painted on her.

Peter.

Linnet is the name.....Linnit is my username...however both spellings are correct..  Ian

My newly bought Narrowboat built by A.Rice in 1969 i collect her in a weeks time me and the wife can't wait she will be restored to her former glory by me and the wife to as authentic as possible NO modern Ikea MFI etc etc going on this beautiful Lady! It's just a shame the original Perkins engine was replaced for a 2.5 Transit engine but i am told it's a Banana engine that is bomb proof so not to grumble i suppose the original name of "Ngombe Shenzi" was also changed to "Moon Dust" which i can't complain about and is very apt i think being built in 1969 when a certain two people walked on that big silver thing in the sky :rolleyes:  

20170228_124049.jpg

20170228_124142.jpg

• Greenie 1

Well, that's a mystery solved: I have seen a boat of just this shape (possibly even this actual boat) and wondered who built it, as it looked a bit, but not quite, like a Springer. I know nothing of "A,. Rice" - does anyone else?

I know nothing of Banana engines either, though I have seen a few yellow ones.