Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

oo the palatial space inside a wider boat!

I can definitely see the attraction.

Unfortunately the narrow canals still beckon us but sometime in the future maybe ...

Hi Ange,

Yes, the extra space is certainly an attraction and tempting too. We have friends with fat boats who used to own narrowboats before the transition. If you catch them 'off guard,' specially during beer o'clock time, they will often admit to missing the flexibility of having a narrow beam.

But, if you are happy to limit yourself to certain canals, the extra space is certainly a plus as featured in Chris' boat.

Obviously no good to you two bohemians though! :cheers:

You've got yourself a very spacious, and confortable boat there Chris, and unless you fancy doing the narrow canals, you won't regret your choice.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I doubt if Chris will, it is a lovely spacious boat.

In an ideal world, we would have our narrowboat here in sunny England and a Dutch Barge too, preferably moored in France.

Ooh la la! :cheers:

Mike

Hi Peter,

I doubt if Chris will, it is a lovely spacious boat.

In an ideal world, we would have our narrowboat here in sunny England and a Dutch Barge too, preferably moored in France.

Ooh la la! :cheers:

Mike

And a space-ship on the moon as well ?

Why would you want to leave sunny England, and spend time in a country that's invaded by the French ?

Not many people seem to think about submarines, they would be a good way to avoid mooring fees, and allow you to do more with your money :lol:

Peter.

And a space-ship on the moon as well ?

Why would you want to leave sunny England, and spend time in a country that's invaded by the French ?

Not many people seem to think about submarines, they would be a good way to avoid mooring fees, and allow you to do more with your money :lol:

Peter.

Come to think about it, there's a space-ship advertised on Apollo Duck. As far as sailing it to the moon's concerned, nah! Too much cheese there Grommit.

I like the French and their way of life. We have two good friends who live in the North West of France and love every minute of their rural Gallic lives. I remember when visiting Redon some years ago with my family, including my old Irish mum. We met some English boaters who were there on a hire boat holiday. When they told us this, my mum asked what they do when the tide's out? :wacko:

My mum is 83 and still remains as humorous as ever. :wub:

Edited by Doorman

Come to think about it, there's a space-ship advertised on Apollo Duck. As far as sailing it to the moon's concerned, nah! Too much cheese there Grommit.

I like the French and their way of life. We have two good friends who live in the North West of France and love every minute of their rural Gallic lives. I remember when visiting Redon some years ago with my family, including my old Irish mum. We met some English boaters who were there on a hire boat holiday. When they told us this, my mum asked what they do when the tide's out? :wacko:

My mum is 83 and still remains as humorous as ever. :wub:

There's no problem, I agree fully with you, Brittany is a beautiful, but not well known part of France.

I hope you realise what a lucky man you are to still have your now 83 years old mum years, and whats even better is that she remains humorous.

My mum died in'74 aged only 65, and my dad 6 months later aged 67, I can't tell you how much I would have loved to still have them around, but they would have been aged 104 and 105 now, which would be a bit too much to ask, wouldn't it ?

Peter.

There's no problem, I agree fully with you, Brittany is a beautiful, but not well known part of France.

I hope you realise what a lucky man you are to still have your now 83 years old mum years, and whats even better is that she remains humorous.

My mum died in'74 aged only 65, and my dad 6 months later aged 67, I can't tell you how much I would have loved to still have them around, but they would have been aged 104 and 105 now, which would be a bit too much to ask, wouldn't it ?

Peter.

My dad also died at 65 and as a merchant sailor during the war, employed by the Bibby Line in Liverpool, would have loved to have cruised past the Bibby Line building with us on our boat as we were approaching the Albert Dock Complex on the Liverpool Link. Sadly, he never got to see his remaining son tootling along the inland waterways having escaped the stressful life that he had often warned me to avoid.

My mum is built from cast iron and even though she's a hypochondriac, claiming even that she's had illnesses only related to men, she'll potter on until she decides that there are no more laughs to be had in this world.

She truly is a 'one off'.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm sure your departed parents are looking on. These stories really make me appreciate my own parents, so thank you. I shall tell them I love them today.

That is a lovely boat. The extra width makes a huge difference to a narrowboat. My brother intends to keep his floor clear and undivided for that reason.

I'm sure your departed parents are looking on. These stories really make me appreciate my own parents, so thank you. I shall tell them I love them today.

That is a lovely boat. The extra width makes a huge difference to a narrowboat. My brother intends to keep his floor clear and undivided for that reason.

Hi,

With a bit of thought and some planning consideration, a narrowboat can have many comforts that you'd expect in a wide beam without stealing too much space. Your brother would do well to read some canal mags with reviews on new builds. We pinched some great ideas this way.

Mike

We - finally!! - today got the sign-writing done on the boat so can say she's well and truly ours. I apologise for not getting the whole of the boat in the pictures but you will get my drift I hope.

SDC11911_zpsa00eefb7.jpg

Hi,

Your photo shows our first marina at St. Mary's on the Rufford Branch of the Leeds & Liverpool. It also shows our friend Karl's boat 'Rebecca' in the background. It's a narrowbeam Dutch Barge, cream in colour.

If you moor there and know him, please say hello from Mike & Chrissie.

Cheers,

Mike

Having had lots of great advice on here- only fair I add pics.

Named 'Ellie Jo', moored just outside of Marlow -owned by myself- Chris (user name give away!!).

Is a collingwood 57 which is a 52 x 10. Built June 2011 and sat on blocks most of its life by the hamble.

Had to tank finance to buy it- only 29, but she's my home and love it!

Most of these pictures are the day it arrived, hence no pictures in the frames etc.

Has changed lots now- esp that there is a 300 litre paladarium currently being built inside!

photo32_zpsa4b7a41e.jpg

photo2_zps30a8e428.jpg

photo12_zpsefeee193.jpg

photo1_zps81e2cadb.jpg

photo5_zpsd23923a1.jpg

photo4_zps9613b4aa.jpg

Wow!!! nice boat Chris! are you single :lol::cheers:

I passed your message onto to Karl.............

Cheers,

He and a few others up there are lovely people with hearts of gold. We remember them well! :cheers:

Wow!!! nice boat Chris! are you single :lol::cheers:

:P

He does show two pints of ale in the last photo. That could well answer your question :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'Cruising' the towpath at Calverly on the Shroppie yesterday and spotted our old boat then called 'Three Treasures' now called 'My Sweet Lady', we had her built in 1993, the hull was made by John White of Garston and fitted out by Bridgewater Boat Builders and Nanni engine. we sold her on to her present owners who live in the Bunbury area.

Ex-ThreeTreasures_zpse632f2ea.jpg