Morso Squirrel

Byeckerslike

Featured Posts

Hi All,

We are more than a little concerned with the heat output from our little furnace, does anyone out there have any exprience of adding extra fire bricks to the sides and rear of their Squirrel?

I believe that in doing so, the fire would be better insulated and have a reduced coal capacity.

If, so, where did you purchase the extra fire bricks from?

Many thanks,

Rob and Heather

Edited by Byeckerslike

I put a pile of ordinary house bricks in the back of my rayburn firebox about 5 years ago and they are still intact even with continuous burning during winters. A bit thick for the squirrel but maybe you could get thin bricks like they've used on Mountsorrel bridge on the Soar from somewhere?

Fire bricks do indeed retain the heat but i do not know if doubling them up would make it better only way to see if it works is to try with more in to see

morso spares link there are other outlets were you can purchase these from do a search, bit expensive for R&D though!

Edited by wonderdust

I added some fire bricks to either side of my large Morso Panther to reduce the capacity & make smaller fires. Extra bricks will retain the heat for longer but they also mean that the heat will take longer to radiate from the fire in the first place, when you first light it. You can't get someink for nuffink init!

Edited by blackrose

I've also put bricks at the sides. Got a couple of bricks from a very helpfull bricky working on a lock.

They are blue bricks with one corner rounded and they fit a treat.

Helpfull if you want smaller fires and they do seem to retain the heat.

Also the shelf they form are ideal for baked spuds.