Lambon Hull - Open Day

Lesd

Featured Posts

Hope this is the right place to post this;

Lambon are holding an ''Open Weekend'' on the 22nd and 23rd September.

They have asked me to extend an open invite to any interested CWF member to 'come along and have a drink and a chat'.

There will be 3 widebeams of different styles and two narrow boats at varying stages of completion, also several owners of past and current builds.

Our own boat will be 12 weeks into its build by then, so we will be there to support what is turning out to be a superb builder on there first ever open day (they build the hulls and fit them out to any stage, carry our repairs etc).

See our blog http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...80&start=80

There address is

Building 326/ Unit 6

Rushock Trading Estate

Rushock

Nr Droitwich

Worcestershire

WR90NR

If anyone is interested it would be nice to meet you there.

Les+Heidi

Well I'm planning to be there - It'll be nice to see you two again and I'm really looking forward to seeing your boat in the flesh as it were - any idea what stage of build the other two boats are at?

Hi Bazza,

Will be good to see you again too mate and your very welcome to have a good look over the boat. The other two widebeams are a small ductch barge thats nearly finished and a thames cruiser that is a very bespoke steel boat indeed (probably three parts complete). I think there will also be a near finished narrow boat and one thats only just started, so a fair bit of variety.

Les

Edited by Lesd

• 2 weeks later...

Steve is just completing a 60' x 12' dutch barge shell which will be fully fitted in due course, this plus various narrow boats and widebeams at various stages of completion will be on show. So plenty of variety next sat/Sun if anyone is interested.

Les

Hope this is the right place to post this;

Lambon are holding an ''Open Weekend'' on the 22nd and 23rd September.

They have asked me to extend an open invite to any interested CWF member to 'come along and have a drink and a chat'.

If anyone is interested it would be nice to meet you there.

Les+Heidi

Hi Les

I got the invite in the post, but I'm not able to get down. Do you know if there's another open day before Crick next year?

Good luck with the day!

Allan

Edited by AllanW

Hi Allan,

Sorry you cant mke it. I'm really not sure of their plans in that respect, I guess they'll see how it goes this time maybe ?

All the best

Les

Hi Les

I got the invite in the post, but I'm not able to get down. Do you know if there's another open day before Crick next year?

Good luck with the day!

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Well we only went up on the Sunday but it seems like the open day (actually weekend) was something of a success. I've never been to one of these thing before so it was hard for me to judge but Steve/Ian/Richard seemed happy. A steady stream of people came and went for most of the day. I met two people off of the forum too; Paul who's having his barge refitted and Phil from Bristol who is interested in a widebeam, nice to meet you guys !!

Sorry Bazza, camera failure has left me pictureless again !

Les